Chapter 97

Ray's POV

"Why won't you just stop humiliating me?" Matthew says as he glares at me after I had set him down.

I stare at Matthew annoyed. "Shut the fuck up. Killing yourself isn't going to fix anything. Nora would be torn up if she found out you killed yourself. Maybe go talk to your mother and get some counseling." I say to Matthew annoyed.

Endeavor and the others get here as I'm scolding Matthew who is glaring at the ground.

"I hate you." Matthew says to me annoyed.

"Yeah well at least your alive." I say and I push him towards an ambulance, seriously annoyed.

"Jeez." Combustion says to me amused as the Ambulance takes Matthew away.

I snort annoyed. "If here appears again one more time today, I swear to God." I say and Endeavor grins.

"Good job being the bigger person, Cascade." Endeavor says as he pats my head.

"She's adorable." Inferno says amused as I pout.

"Cascade! Did you just save the guy whose been trying to ruin your image?" A reporter yells as the media surrounds us.

"Media." I cringe as I walk away and Endeavor grins amused.

"She did." Endeavor says as Inferno pulls me back.

I cringe as the media continues to ask me questions. "Ew." I say when they start talking about any future plans. "Stop, what I do in the future is future me's issues, I'm just trying to focus on getting out of highschool." I say with a wave of my hand. I hide behind Combustion as the media continues to ask me questions.

I get a text alert and I look to see a possible hit and run happening.

Combustion and I race towards it and I manage to make it there and save the kid while stopping the bus.

"Cascade!" The kid yells surprised.

"Hi." I say with a small wave and a smile and I get to my feet while holding the kid.

I hand the kid to his mother and she cries in relief.

"Thank you Cascade." She whimpers.

I smile slightly. "Your welcome Ma'am. Now kid, let's, not wander into the street next time and make sure your holding your Mom's hand when you go out." I say to the kid who nods.

"Thank you Cascade." He says to me as he hugs his mom.

I nod with a smile and I make sure the driver is ok.

Combustion checks the surrounding area and he comes back. "All's good." Combustion says to me and I nod.

"He passed out, seems to be before I stoped his bus." I say to Combustion who nods and the ambulance gets here and makes sure the guy is ok, he just fell asleep, that's all.

"Sir, next time your exhausted, call it quits for the day and go home." I say to the bus driver as he wakes up.

"Yes Ma'am." He says to me with a tired sigh.

I get up from my crouching position.

"Can't you wear your Uniform?" Combustion asks as we walk down the street.

"My uniform is being redone, just so it's warmer." I say to Combustion who nods.

We get another alert and I race there, but Endeavor makes it before.

Endeavor smirks.

"You were close this time." Endeavor says afterwards.

I nod.