Chapter 43

Warning: part 3

Ray's POV - A Few Days Later

My alarm clock goes off and I groan and reach for it and I turn it off.

I turn around and I get comfortable again. I end up going back to sleep because of that.

A Half Hour Later - Peter's POV

I stumble into the kitchen, not smelling anything and I don't see Ray making breakfast or at least coffee.

I scratch my head in confusion, slowly waking up and I look in the living room and she isn't there either.

I assume she is still on her run so I go upstairs and I take a shower.

An hour later, I head back down stairs and still no sign of Ray, Dad is also confused.

"Have you seen Ray?" Dad asks me and I shake my head.

"No, I assume she was on her run, but I don't think she's running." I say and Dad nods.

"Go check her room, she might be getting ready." Dad says to me.

I nod and I head upstairs, I knock on her door but I don't hear an answer, so I open the door and I see her bed is a mess.

I walk over in a confused state and I see Ray is still asleep.

I sit on her bed and she moves a bit, startling me and I fall on the ground with a thud.

Ray's POV

I hear a thud and a groan and I open my eyes and I sit up, still sleepy.

I yawn and I crawl over to the side of my bed and I see Peter and I blink and I shrug slightly and I curl up in my blankets again.

"Peter! What was that noise?" I hear Tony yell.

I reach for my phone and I look at the time to see its 8 am.

I blink and it takes a few moments to process before I shoot up like a beanstalk. "I OVERSLEPT?" I yell shocked.

Peter laughs from the floor and I walk over to him.

"Do you think this is funny?" I ask Peter, panic clearly seen.

"Welcome to being a human." Peter laughs and I kick him.

I run a hand through my hair. "No, no, no, no!" I say and I walk over to my vanity and sure enough, my hair is frizzed and I see bags under my eyes. "GAH! I look like Shinsou!" I say and Peter just dies.

I spend and hour, doing my hair, trying to make it lie down, but I break the snappy snappy thing.

I let the thing cool as I stare at the wall in my room.

I know Peter and Tony are watching, very amused by this.

"Today already sucks." I say after a long while. "Where in the hell is my back up snappy snappy thing when I need it?" I ask myself, my voice even and calm, and laced with a hint of misery.

"Snappy snappy thing?" Tony asks confused.

"Yes, the thing that I can't remember the name of that is cooling off." I say as I point to the snappy snappy thing.

"A flat iron?" Tony asks amused.

"That's the bitch." I say and Peter just pulls out his phone.

I continue to stare at the wall for a while.

I then get up and I take the snappy snappy thing and I just drop it into my trash.

I stare at it, no emotion whatsoever, just disappointment. "If your not going to straighten and make my hair lie down, then you are useless and belong in the trash." I say, still with my even and calm voice.