Chapter 23

The Day of Training Camp - Ray's POV

I get on the bus with my bag over my shoulder and Katsuki behind me, we both came together because of his mother making me stay over last night.

I sit down in an empty seat and I listen to everyone talk as I look out the window.

"Hey, Ray, are you ready for the tests of courage?" Mina asks me excitedly.

"Tests of courage? Is UA enough?" I ask her and I see Aizawa smirk.

"Ray!" Half the class yells at me annoyed.

"Think about it, the USJ incident? With the villains? And then the Sports Festival with all the other classes. Those seemed like tests of courage and strength." I say and Shoto nods.

"Then you want to do it alone?" Mina asks me suggestively.

"Do I have to do it at all?" I ask her with a small sigh.

"Yes, we want to see if you make out of the forest without screaming!" Kirishima says to me and Katsuki laughs.

"She doesn't scream." Katsuki says to him, almost amused.

"Seriously?" Denki asks shocked.

"She'll kick whoever is trying to scare her before she even registers that it might all be for fun." Izu says nervously and I shrug.

"Reflex." I say and I look out the window again as the bus stops.

We all end up off the bus and I listen to the speeches and the talking from the hero's and I just flip off Aizawa who smirks at me.

We get blow off the cliff and I look around as I fall.

I use my water as a vine and I swing to the ground safely.

Only to be met with rock monsters and I'm all alone.

"This will be fun." I say and I cover my fists in water and I start taking them out left and right by punching them.

I manage to get to camp, a bit beat up, but otherwise I didn't work up too much of a sweat, but I got here first.

"Good job Ray." Aizawa says to me with a smirk.

"Fuck you and your kitty friends, that shit hurt." I say to him annoyed as I rub my shoulder since I hit it on a tree harshly on the way here.

"Were you even pushed past your limits?" Tiger asks me shocked.

"Limits?" I ask confused. "No, not that I'm aware of, I was just keeping my power level down so I didn't dehydrate myself or pass out somewhere in the forest." I say to him as Aizawa hands me my bag.

"Yeah, she can max it quickly, but she gets the job done with half her power." Aizawa says to him and I shrug. "Go get ready for dinner." Aizawa says to me and I hum.

"Uh huh." I say and I go and get changed into a black T-shirt and leggings with my gym coat on along with my new combat boots.

I walk out of the tent and I sit at a table with my phone to see I don't have any data out here.

I shrug and play one of my offline games until everyone else gets here which is around sunset.

"How did you make it here so fast?" Half the class asks me shocked.

"I've been here for a few hours. And how? My water quirk gives me a few advantages, even if I'm fighting rock monsters and got a couple scraps. I swung through the trees like Tarzan." I say to them with a smirk.

"So lucky." Mina says looking like she's about to die of exhaustion.

Aizawa says something about something and I don't really pay attention because he already told me a half hour ago.