Chapter 75

Ray's POV - Sometime later that day

I roll over onto my back in the middle of my room on the floor. "Bored, why am I bored? I have nothing to do. That's why I'm bored." I say as I stare at the ceiling. "I could train." I say as I glance towards my balcony. "But it's Sunday, and I don't like to train on Sundays." I stare at my ceiling some more before I scowl, getting frustrated by the fact that I am bored.

I look at my Play Station 1 and then my mind wanders to the Final Fantasy Games.

"Fuck it, I'll just play Final Fantasy 1 again." I say as I sit up.

I plug in the PS for it and I start going through the game again. "The controls, the graphics, stupid monsters," I continue to mutter things as I play.

I hear my door open but I don't really pay attention.

My character doesn't listen and I end up dying, making me jump to my feet, irritated. "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?" I yell and I hear a laugh. "Those," I trial off with a groan. "Time to start over again. All that grinding," I trail off as I sit down, about to cry. "It took, so long to get to that point, so many monsters." I say as I put my head on my table, so done.

Katsu sits next to me. "Time for a break?" Katsu asks.

I sigh deeply and I look up at the tv. "No, I have to get all that back." I say and Katsu nods. I go back to the last save point and I twitch, realizing that the last save point was before I finished all the side quests.

I set the controller down and I put my face in my hands.

"Are you ok?" Katsu asks, amusement lacing his tone.

I take a deep breath in. "This fucking bullshit." I whisper. I look up and I get up. I walk over to the console and I shut it off.

I put the controller away and I turn on the PS4, turning on Netflix and putting on a movie.

I turn it up to the max and I stand in front of the TV, and I screech like a banshee.

Katsu laughs as I start to get drowned out, but I start full on stomping around, screeching.

My door swings open and there stands Dad and a worried Momo.

I finish my rage and I sit down, calmer.

"What the fuck was that?" Dad asks me.

"I forgot to fucking save after I finished all the side quests, I was grinding on my game and I got so far, but the stupid monster fucking killed me! And I lost all the work I did." I say and Dad stares at me. "6 hours of grinding, 2 hours of side quests, I was almost done with the main quests, and I lost almost all of my progress." I say as I set my forehead on the table.

"And you thought screeching would make it better?" Momo asks worried.

I look up at her. "No, I knew it wouldn't make the game go back to where I want it. But it made me feel better. Nothing and I repeat, nothing feels better, than screeching like a fucking banshee when this happens, because all though it may seem childish, it calms my soul by a lot." I say to her and I put my forehead back on the table.

"This happens once in a blue moon." Katsu says to them amused. "She saves her games consistently, but there are times she forgets and loses everything." Katsu says as he pats my back.

I hit my head repeatedly on the table.

I get up with a huff. "This is utter bullcrap." I say and Eve rubs against my leg purring. I pick her up and she purrs louder and rests on my shoulders.

"There was screaming, because you died in your game?" Dad confirms and I nod. "Keep it down next time." He says and leaves while Momo just sort of sulks slightly, but goes back to her dorm room.