Chapter 15

The Next Day - Ray's POV

I stare at my alarm clock as it goes from 5:59 to 6.

I groan quietly as I rub my face, forcing my self out of bed.

I head to my bathroom and I brush my teeth and my hair, I change into a pair of black shorts and a white T-shirt, I put on my shoes and head out for a jog.

"Ray." Shinsou says as I pass him.

"Morning insomniac." I say to him and his eye twitches as I continue my jog. "And before you brainwash me, just don't, I'm not in the mood this morning." I say to him as I jog backwards, and just my luck, I trip. "Fucking hell." I mutter as I land on my ass.

"You could have avoided that." Shinsou says to me with a smirk as he walks over.

I point a scowl up at him as I get up, dusting myself off. "I'm just clumsy, I haven't run down this road in ages." I say to him and he rolls his eyes.

"Well, since you haven't 'drowned' me yet, why don't we get breakfast?" Shinsou asks me with a smirk.

I scratch the back of my neck thinking. "Well, I've already done my morning jog, I just decided to add onto it, Mom and Izu won't be getting up for a little while yet, and I shouldn't have to worry about Katsuki this morning either, Mrs. Mitsuki was gonna make him go shopping with her-"

"I only needed a simple yes or no." Shinsou interrupts me and I look up at him surprised that he'd interrupt me.

"Your one of the only two people to interrupt me, your either really stupid, or really gutsy for that." I say to him and he smiles nervously.

"Was that wrong?" Shinsou asks me and I shrug.

"Normally I'm in a bad mood or a tolerable mood, and people interrupting me puts me in a bad mood, and I drench them in water." I say to him and he freezes which I smile amused at. "Relax, I only got up, what an hour ago? And I haven't run into people who tend to tick me off, so I'm in a relatively good mood." I say to him and he sighs.

"So breakfast?" Shinsou asks me with a smirk.

"This is just as, potential friends, ok?" I ask him and he nods. "Then alright." I say to him with a smile and he nods, looking a little flustered.

I follow him to a restaurant and we get a table for two and we order breakfast.

"So, Ray, you and Midoriya are brother and sister?" Shinsou asks me and I see people turn to us.

"Yeah." I say to him as I scowl at the people and they quickly turn away, going back to what they're doing.

"You two act and look nothing alike." Shinsou says to me and I nod.

"I was adopted into the family when I was around five." I say to him and Shinsou nods.

"Your quirk, its like Mizukage's isn't it? Your both water benders who can summon water out of nowhere as well." Shinsou asks me and I nod.

"She's my mother, her quirk was called Blue Cascade, I inherited most of it, but mine has a weird twist, mine is called Waterfall, when I hit people with my quirk, it cancels out their quirk, not because it distracts them, its just a mixed in ability from my dad, who I never knew." I say to him and Shinsou nods surprised.

"Was Mizukage a good mother?" Shinsou asks me and I smile faintly as I rest my chin on my hands.

"Yeah, she was one of the best." I say to him and Shinsou nods. "Well, what about your quirk? Brainwash? Right? It's really cool." I say to him and he looks at me surprised.