Chapter 70

Ray's POV

Are you ok?" Dad asks immediately and I almost laugh.

"I'm fine, tired and a little burned, but fine." I say to Dad.

I hear him sigh in relief. "Come back now, Todoroki will need you." Dad says to me.

"He was watching, wasn't he?" I ask him.

"Yes." Dad replies. "Why did you go help?" Dad asks me.

"Endeavor texted me before the ordeal went down, he knew something bad was gonna happen." I say to Dad. "And since it involved the Nomu and I regularly check with Gran Torino, I decided to go, so I'm gonna call Gran Torino next to give him the details of what happened." I say to Dad.

Dad hums. "Bakugou is worried right now, you should call him after if your not back by then." Dad says to me.

"I will, tell him I'm ok and to probably get the first aid ready so that I can take care of the burn on my shoulder." I say to Dad.

"Ok." Dad says to me and I end the call.

I call Gran Torino next and I tell him the details of this new Nomu.

"Thanks kid." Gran Torino says to me.

"No problem, your working the League case, so I knew this would be helpful." I say to him.

We talk for a moment before I call Katsuki who starts screaming at me on the other line.

I listen as he tells me not to do that to recklessly again. "I had to, Endeavor would have died if I didn't." I say to Katsuki when he takes a moment to breath.

I get back to the dorm house and Izu immediately hugs me.

"How is Endeavor?" Dad asks me.

"I don't know, but I assume they got him to the hospital without any problems, with some surgery and Recovery Girls help, he should be fine." I say to Dad who nods.

Katsuki looks at me annoyed and I walk over to him.

"Are you mad at me?" I ask Katsuki.

He tchs and goes to his room.

"He's mad at me." I say and Izu nods.

I clean the burn and I put on a sweater over the tank top.

I sit in the common room with Shoto who looks concerned.

"Thank you." Shoto says after a while.

I look at him. "What for?" I ask him.

"You helped my Father." Shoto says to me.

I feel a bit surprised. "Yeah." I say and I sit back, exhausted from earlier.

"That ultimate move of yours, Niagara Falls, how much energy did that take?" Shoto asks me.

I hum. "All of it." I say to him and Shoto looks at me surprised.

"Then why aren't you asleep?" Shoto asks me.

"Because you need help." I say to him and Shoto is surprised. "Aizawa told me that you would need me when I got back, your Father will be ok, he's stubborn and doesn't know when to give up." I say to Shoto who nods.

"Thank you, but go to bed." Shoto says to me.

I nod. "Alright. Don't stay up to late, I suggest texting you brother and sister." I say to Shoto as I get up.

Shoto nods. "I will." Shoto says to me.

I head up to my room, stifling a yawn as I ride up the elevator.