Chapter 1: Preface

Sixty thousand years ago, the Tribulation of Chaos arrived, and True God Shang Gu died in the God Realm to save the Three Realms from dissipating.

At that time, someone asked, the mortals could ask the gods all over the heavens for their blessings during catastrophic times, but if the gods are driven to despair, what could they do besides destruction?

Mortals could plead to the gods, but who could the gods plead to?

As for the Nine Continents, with this question, the vicissitudes[1] of life were not rotating, but rather waiting for another few ten thousand years.

But in the miserable and boring months and years, in the slow path of immortality, a small interlude appeared.

Sixty-three thousand years ago, in Kunlun Mountain, it was the wedding of the Heavenly Emperor.

This was a joyful day for the Nine Continents and Eight Areas. The immortals all over the heavens met to celebrate, but such a vast and mighty wedding was filled with a bit of silence and uneasiness.

And this was because the Heavenly Empress, Goddess Wu Huan, had a special identity before this.

When the Heaven and Earth first started, the Gods had lived forever, and Ancestral God Qing Tian shattered the void and created the Three Realms. At that time, the Ancestral God ruled the four true gods under his command, and it took ten thousand years for him to create the Three Realms and Nine Continents.

On the day the Three Realms were created, the Ancestral God's merits were completed and the god turned into nothingness and blended into the Three Realms. Since then, the four true gods under the Ancestral God's command– Shang Gu, Zhi Yang, Tian Qi, and Bai Jue became the masters of the Gods. Although Shang Gu was a goddess, she was the noblest because she had inherited (the power of chaos) from the Ancestral God.

The four true gods had profound powers and dominated the Three Realms. After thousands of years, the Nine Continents slowly took shape. Unexpectedly, the second race, demons, appeared in the world after a thousand years. The Tribulation of Chaos came, and the four true gods joined together to fight the catastrophe...To protect the Three Realms, the four true gods lost their immortal forms and became nothingness like the Ancestral God, and only their weapons were left, which fell into the Immortal Realm. Among the many gods that fought during the catastrophe, only three were left.

Since then, the gods disappeared, and the world of the gods (God Realm) was sealed above the Three Realms to never be opened again. The era of the ancient world ended and the Three Realms and Nine Continents entered the post-ancient period.

The three gods that survived the catastrophe were the Heavenly Emperor of the Nine Heavens, Goddess Wu Huan, and God Gu Jun of Qingchi Palace in the Qilian Mountains. The original form of the Heavenly Emperor was a five-clawed golden dragon, High Goddess Wu Huan inherited from the line of the phoenix and High God Gu Jun was an ancient scaled dragon, the three of them transformed from ancient beasts.

Such ancient and long-existed immortals from the most ancient time were worshipped by the beings of the Three Realms as gods.

God Gu Jun and Goddess Wu Huan were originally from the same clergy[2]. The two were not involved with the affairs of the world and built Qingchi Palace to hide from the world. They walked freely and had once aroused the envy of the other gods.

Thousands of years ago, the two gods gave birth to offspring. This was originally supposed to be a great joy for the Three Realms, but they didn't think that the child would be born with a minimal amount of godly aura. Almost a thousand years passed, but the child didn't even have enough power to come out and got weaker and weaker, almost dying. The fact that the child of the noblest gods in the world could be so weak unavoidably caused much surprise in people and couldn't help but touch the sensitivity of the two gods. All of the immortals didn't dare mention the little god.