Chapter 8: North Sea Lord Qing Mu

With a dark face, Feng Ran looked at Hou Chi, who was standing in the empty air and shaking her thin arms and legs sarcastically. She grunted but didn't make a sound, eventually becoming interested in the person who had come and immediately stared forward with widened eyes.

Outside the waist-high weeds stood a light blue-clothed immortal. He seemed to be taken aback seeing the two of them standing behind the fence, and also froze. He then quickened his steps and walked forward with some surprise and understanding, saying lightly, "I was thinking about who had entered Liao Wang Mountain. So it's Lord Feng Ran..."

The warm and low voice caused Hou Chi to freeze for a moment, and also extinguished the coldness from his face. She raised her eyes to look at the young man in front of the bamboo house, squinting her eyes, and couldn't help but sigh. This person had a strong natural temperature as well as strong immortal powers surrounding him, and there was a mysterious and distant aura in his dark-colored eyes. If one talked about appearance and elegance, he would not lose to Jing Jian, the Heavenly Emperor's son.

Staring at the pair of dark eyes, a somewhat familiar feeling suddenly appeared inside Hou Chi. She perhaps has seen this person before, but...these few thousand years, she had never left Qingchi Palace.

Feng Ran was also shocked by the person's appearance and elegance, and seeing that he knew her identity, she replied, "How do you know..."

"Now, it is known throughout the Three Realms that Lord Feng Ran and Goddess Hou Chi have left Qingchi Palace. Liao Wang Mountain has a strong aura with formations everywhere, so even if other people wanted to enter, they wouldn't be able to."

"You just like to compliment yourself." She obviously was pleased by the cold words. Feng Ran squinted her eyes and smiled, gave Hou Chi a satisfied expression, then bowed towards the person, "Your immortal powers are not weaker than mine. You are..." If this person was a subordinate of the Heavenly Emperor, then it would be a pity.

"Qing Mu."

Hearing this, Feng Ran froze, and a trace of surprise appeared under her eyes. She did not think that the most famous figure in the Three Realms these past thousand years would be so handsome. The rumors were indeed true.

Lord Qing Mu was the only high lord who had passed the Tribulation these past few thousand years. No one knew of his origin but only knew that on the second day after his name was imprinted onto the Qingtian Pillar, he had traveled across the North Sea alone and killed the hydra that lived there. This creature lived in groups and was extremely cruel, and even the North Sea Dragon King did not dare offend the nest. But he did not think that such a cruel creature would die in that person's hands. When the news spread, the entire Three Realms was shocked.

And because of this, the heavenly Emperor's edict did not reach Qing Mu. Since the beginning of ancient realms, the Three Realms had an unwritten rule. Generally, when an immortal obtains the power of a high lord, the Heavenly Emperor should not interfere much.

This was also the reason why Feng Ran dared to wander outside and cause trouble for Zi Yuan even when God Gu Jun had disappeared. That year when she obtained her high lord status, the Heavenly Emperor had released an order to kill her, and now, unless the Heavenly Emperor killed her, there were very few people in the Three Realms who could kill her.

But at the moment when Qing Mu's name was engraved onto Qingtian Pillar, he already had his strongest high lord powers. This made Qing Mu an outlier of the Three Realms from the very start, and he had a high status. If one talked about dangerousness and mysteriousness, he was far ahead from Feng Ran back then, and even the scaled dragon Wu Heng who dared to provoke Qingchi Palace ten thousand years ago could not compare to him.