Chapter 83: Putting Down

Tian Qi held A Qi, who had stiffened into a stick, and watched Shang Gu walk slowly from the light curtain. The palms of his hands were sweaty. 

It wasn't me and Zhi Yang who saved you, it was Shang Gu...

Tian Qi held his breath and looked at Shang Gu in a mysterious robe. Shang Gu, did you forget to tell me something back then?

In front of Shang Gu, her eyes were too focused, and he raised his eyebrows slightly, 

"Tian Qi?"

Tian Qi came back to his senses, turned his eyes awkwardly, and said solemnly,

"Shang Gu, do you remember Hou Chi?"

A Qi in his arms lowered his head, and his two small claws desperately grabbed Tian Qi's robe, looking pitiful for fear of being abandoned.

Shang Gu didn't answer Tian Qi, and looked down at A Qi. In the silent silence, she suddenly grabbed the dejected little baby, lifted his collar, and said, 

"A Qi, how did I teach you, keep your back straight, lift your chest, how can I find a daughter-in-law in the future with such a pustular image!"

Tian Qi was relieved, the corners of his mouth bent and he took two steps back.

A Qi raised his head ignorantly, blinked his big eyes quickly, and looked at Shang Gu's slightly angry eyes, his two short legs swayed for a long time, his lips trembled and he called out, 

"Auntie..."

Shang Gu rolled up her sleeves and slapped him on the back of his head. A crisp voice sounded. Before A Qi could breathe out the pain, Shang Gu raised her head and stared at him without blinking. Her dark brown eyes flashed a momentary sigh.

"A Qi..." 

Shang Gu put A Qi in her arms, raised her hands stiffly, landed on A Qi's back, patted it lightly, and finally said very naturally, "I'm your mother."

A Qi, who was stuffed in Shang Gu's shoulders, froze at first. When Shang Gu's hands fell on his back, the cry suddenly came, and the little baby cried hysterically. .

"Mother...Mother..."

The cry was earth-shattering at first, but later it turned into a choking, unstoppable situation. 

Shang Gu heard it sour, and tightened the child in her arms with self-blame in her eyes.

When she first saw A Qi, he squatted with a small body, planted figs that would never bloom in Qingchi Palace, approached her cautiously, and called her aunt...

His fears, unease, expectations... She should have been aware of it long ago, and even foolishly thought that A Qi was born by a mortal woman.

She looked forward to A Qi for a hundred years, her only solace in the hidden mountain for a hundred years, how could she bear to let him be abandoned, and even named him A Qi.

Hou Chi, you are really confused, no matter how arrogant and heartless Bai Jue is, A Qi is innocent after all.

Recalling the bright red wedding robe on the Sky Realm, the man's icy eyebrows, the corners of Shang Gu's mouth crossed a touch of self-mockery, and lowered her eyes... why isn't that my choice?

Hou Chi is you, you are Hou Chi, and no amount of excuses can change that you are just one person.

But in the end, just like the awakened Bai Jue is no longer pure and innocent, she... will never return to the beginning.