Chapter 16: Clues

The entire square was silent. Although these words were careless and very provocative, it was clear that the particularly striking exclamation could only be heard by the Demon Emperor, who was not far away and had a solemn and surprised expression. The present demon lord were just surprised that this child who came out of nowhere was so daring to their realm’s leader. Even if she had Qing Mu’s protection, she still didn’t seem to have any knowledge of life’s preciousness.

And the demons who wanted to step forward to scold Hou Chi were also stopped by Qing Mu’s strong immortal power and Hou Chi’s expressionless but scary expression.

His Majesty the Demon Emperor was only silent. He really wasn’t fit to be the odd one out.

Hou Chi, who was sitting in Qing Mu’s arms, also froze when she heard the address. She turned her head to the young man with a warm smile in her eyes. She couldn’t help but hum a little, and said lowly, “No matter how big or small I am, at least I’m tens of thousands of years older than you.”

This voice was very low, but also held a child’s unique playfulness and softness, which gave people an itchy feeling. Qing Mu blinked his eyes and raised the corners of his mouth.

The cold suspicion and murderous aura in the Demon Emperor’s gaze froze under the eyes of the crowd. He stared at the girl sitting upright in Qing Mu’s arms not far away, his hands behind his back tightening again. The tightness was finally loosened slowly, and his astonished expression warmed up.

He was the leader of a realm. This short time was enough for him to return to normal.

In the disbelief and surprise of the demon lords, their great Demon Emperor nodded slightly in the direction of the green-robed young man in the middle of the square, and said respectfully, “The rumors are true. I have learned from Lord Qing Mu’s powers. In the future, I will surely teach my realm, and please….” Leaving his words dangling, the Demon Emperor hesitated for a while, and tensed his shoulders obscurely in Qing Mu’s direction, “Do not blame me.”

Even if the little god dormant in Qingchi Palace was useless, a god’s nobility was not something that he could ignore. Thinking of Hou Chi’s backup, God Gu Jun, he regretted what he just said. The younger demon lords may not be clear on this, but he, who had experienced the savage chaos of the Three Realms when it was born, knew better than anyone. Perhaps the most terrifying thing in this vast expanse of heaven and earth was not the powerful Heavenly Emperor high up in the Nine Heavens, but the low-key, hidden, and unobtrusive God Gu Jun.

Although he did not know why Hou Chi left Qingchi Palace to come to his Third Heaven, he knew that this imposing little god inherited all of God Gu Jun’s protective personality. His intention of killing Feng Ran just now obviously upset her, or else she wouldn’t have made things this hard for him.

The Demon Emperor’s actions were too subtle and no one noticed them. Everyone thought that he stared because of Qing Mu’s strong immortal power and put down the matter lightly. But Sen Yu, who was standing to the side, was obviously irritated. Just when he was about to step forward, he found it difficult to move. He suspiciously glanced at the Demon Emperor in front of him, and his angry face regained some normalness and clarity. The Demon and Immortal Realms had many disputes, and there would sooner or later be a fight. With Qing Mu’s immortal power, even the Heavenly Emperor wouldn’t be able to restrain him. If he stayed out of this matter, the Demon Realm would have one less strong enemy.

The girl in Qing Mu’s arms seemed very satisfied with the Demon Emperor’s behavior. She slightly raised her hand and said as she squinted her phoenix-like eyes, “Since Your Majesty has begged for mercy, I naturally won’t argue with a lower generation. Sen Yu will be imprisoned for a year, as for Qing Li…”