Chapter 9: Accident

The power used to forcefully pass through two barriers was extremely great, not to mention this kind of people going through. After standing in the Demon Realm to stop the violent demonic power that swept his way, Qing Mu let out a sigh of relief, but he felt that something wasn't right, and lowered his head to his chest to look at the person using powers to pull him.

The unfamiliar girl was held in his arms. She was a small ball, but there was a soft and glutinous familiarity. Qing Mu held his breath and after realizing that she was the same person, he raised his handsome eyebrows.

Hou Chi, who just had a teenage girl appearance at the Qingtian Pillar was now only the size of a seven or eight year old. Although the cyan robe she wore changed along with her size, it gave off an inexplicable feeling when it was printed onto the delicate and white skin.

The girl who was being held perhaps was also a little surprised. She lowered her head to look at her small arms and legs, muttering "what's going on", and she jumped out of Qing Mu's hands.

The small and soft body jumped out of his arms and even kicked hard on the ground twice before calming down, which was quite different from the indifferent and calm appearance just then.

Qing Mu rubbed his nose, interested in this sudden matter. Looking at the girl who was bowing her head with great interest, the indifferent expression that hadn't changed when Hou Chi changed her size froze.

With Hou Chi's ordinary appearance, Qing Mu did not think that her appearance when she transformed into a child would be like this. Although her round face was childish, it still held some elegance. Her dark eyes blinked pitch-black light, flowing like a whirlpool, which could suck the entire soul of the person staring. Her eyebrows were slightly constricted, giving off a deep feeling of bitterness. She had the appearance of a seven or eight-year-old, but there was a feeling of transcendence of the Three Realms when she moved.

But it was only for a moment. The familiar aura when Hou Chi was standing in front of the Qingtian Pillar slowly disappeared, leaving only a face of a child that could move the Three Realms with the extraordinary appearance.

Qing Mu had never been swayed in the past few thousand years, but this time, he was shocked by the huge difference. No wonder the Three Realms said that Goddess Hou Chi was extraordinary...wait, that's not right...Qing Mu squinted his eyes, carefully analyzing the girl standing on the ground with her head up in astonishment.

Although an immortal can transform themselves at will, their adult appearances were decided during their young years. Hou Chi's change was because her spiritual powers were low, and she could not gather enough spiritual power to transform in the Demon Realm, which was why she had changed into the appearance that would use up the least amount of power. But if Hou Chi had this appearance when she was young, why would her adult appearance be so ordinary?

Could it be that person had purposely changed her appearance? But if her appearance was changed, it would mean that her foundation for cultivating her spiritual powers was sealed off. Who would do this?

Qing Mu rubbed her nose suspiciously. This was the first time that he had some interest and curiosity for Goddess Hou Chi, who he didn't really care about. She was the daughter of God Gu Jun and lived in Qingchi Palace, so who would dare do such a thing?

Hou Chi lowered her head, looking left and right, also realizing that this was the awkwardness brought on by her weak spiritual powers. She grunted and looked at Qing Mu, and said after clearing her throat, "It seems like the amount of demonic aura in the Demon Realm has increased. Lord Qing Mu, I can only walk in the Demon Realm in this form. I'm sorry for being so troublesome."

She had an arrogant look with untimely embarrassment on her face. Her voice was clear and crisp but had the softness of a child. Her dark eyes blinked cutely. Qing Mu lowered his head to look at her, a strange smile flashing under his eyes. He nodded with raised eyebrows.