Chapter 5: Goddess Hou Chi

Jing Jian unconsciously recited the name silently, looking at the pair of phoenix eyes that had locked eyes with him behind the crowd of immortals. The arrogant and domineering cruelty gave off a familiar feeling as if he had seen it somewhere before.

He suppressed the suspicion inside. No wonder why the evil aura was so strong. So she was the Lord Feng Ran who had severely injured his elder brother, made his Heavenly Father furious, and even made the Three Realms create a kill order for? The rumors about the fire phoenix after ancient times were true.

But...he heard that she hadn't left Qingchi Palace in ten thousand years. Why would she come to Dong Hua's birthday banquet this time?

Jing Jian glanced at the anxious Zi Yuan, then at Feng Ran's leisure demeanor, and immediately understood that the domineering Lord Zi Yuan did not gain anything from Feng Ran and was now borrowing his power and prestige.

"Coming uninvited?" An icy voice entered everyone's ears. Feng Ran walked past the immortals, rolling up her sleeves, saying, "I don't know who is so bold and even dares to send Qingchi Palace an invitation in the name of Lord Dong Hua! As for you, Zi Yuan, you allowed your subordinates to break into Qingchi Palace...Don't think that I am unable to do anything about you when you have Jing Yang's support."

Zi Yuan was startled by the undisguised willingness of killing in Feng Ran's eyes. After he backed up behind Jing Jian, he snorted, trying to cover up, and stabilized his trembling hands.

Seeing that Zi Yuan had the intent to hide behind him, Jing Jian frowned. He had never liked high deities who bullied the weak but were afraid of the strong. If it wasn't because Zi Yuan had saved his elder brother's life, he would not have this relationship with this person.

But he didn't think that to give Lord Dong Hua a birthday gift on behalf of his elder brother, so many things would pop up.

Seeing Feng Ran glaring at him with squinting eyes and that this situation had now involved his elder brother's reputation, Jing Jian could only slightly raise his hand, and said to Feng Ran, smiling, "So it's Lord Feng Ran. You are just like what they say. This time, I am celebrating the birthday on behalf of my Heavenly Father. To be able to see High Lord is truly a lucky event. As for what Lord Zi Yuan has said, I think that there must be a misunderstanding..." Jing Jian looked over at Lord Dong Hua as he talked, a bit of suspicion in his expression.

Since one said "uninvited", and another said "the invitation is evidence", then it was naturally time for Master Dong to talk. It would take a quick glance to see who was right and who was wrong.

Zi Yuan stood behind Jing Jian, a little irritation flashing in his eyes. How could Second Highness say such soft words? It seemed like First Highness was right. Second Highness's personality was as soft as cotton.

Lord Dong Hua's expression hardened when he heard Zi Yuan's words. He was secretly angry at Zi Yuan's reluctance. Regardless of whether Feng Ran had an invitation or not, she was one of the strongest high lords. Now, she was also taking care of Qingchi Palace in God Gu Jun's place, so she had a special status and her willingness to come was already giving him great pride.

But she had only come out of seclusion in a cave a few days ago, so she naturally wouldn't know about these trivial matters. He could only wave to the disciple behind him, "Xian Zhu, tell me, what exactly happened?"

The first disciple had already been practicing for many years for the incoming Sky Tribulation, so the trivial matters of the immortal residence had always been taken care of by the second disciple, Xian Zhu.

"Second Highness, Lord Zi Yuan, I had already sent God Gu Jun's invitation to Qingchi Palace a month ago." An immortal lord in a Confucian robe walked out of the crowd and said to them after bowing to Jing Jian.