Chapter 32: The Heavenly Empress

(Part 1)

The hem of the jade green skirt fell to the ankles. The beautiful figure under the veil was looming. The woman sitting on the spirit tree beside Juxian Pond had a charming face. She lowered her head and eyes to look at Jing Zhao, saying blatantly, "Princess Jing Zhao, I helped you hide from His Highness Jing Yang for you to go out of Juxian Pond and also told you a way to save that Lord Qing Mu. Why be so cold to me?"

Jing Zhao paused, then glanced at her and said, "You are a demon lord. If you are discovered by my Heavenly Father, you'll inevitably end up as smoke, so why not leave earlier?"

"You're afraid that I'll tell Lord Qing Mu that you saved his life!" The suspended feet swayed and kicked on the branches and leaves. The fairy dew on the spirit tree fell to the ground. Qing Li gave a 'tsk tsk' and softly smiled, "Unexpectedly, Princess Jing Zhao of the Heavenly Palace is an infatuated one. But, you used your dragon pellet to save him but your sweetheart doesn't know about it at all, isn't it a pity?"

Jing Zhao's pale face struck a touch of disdain. She glanced at her and said lightly, "Qing Li, don't believe that I don't know what you are thinking. How can Qing Mu be comparable to Sen Yu? Do you think that he will stay in the Heavenly Palace because of my dragon pellet? The Three Realms knew your methods back then, so why bother to be a good person here now!"

Hearing this, the smiling woman in the green skirt paused. There was a sharp look between her eyebrows. She squinted her eyes, her voice full of mockery, "Princess Jing Zhao, why pretend to be high up there? You used your dragon pellet to save him, also so Qing Mu would be grateful and stay by your side. And besides, even if you don't say it, the Heavenly Emperor and Empress will know sooner or later. Don't think that your thoughts can be hidden from others. You keep saying that you don't want him to know, saying it in an awe-inspiring way, but in reality, you're no different from me!"

Maybe it was because she was a proud daughter of the heavens once she was born and was respected by all immortals. Jing Zhao had never heard such harsh and disdainful words, but every sentence was shot into her heart. The gloom hidden at the bottom of her heart had nowhere to hide. Jing Zhao, who was crouching on the fake mountain, lowered her head. She didn't pay attention to the coldness in Qing Li's words. Her dry lips tightened furiously, and her loose hair fell, silent and embarrassed.

Qing Li, who was quietly sitting on the spirit tree, looked at her coldly and heard Jing Zhai's voice after a long time.

"You're right, but at least I'm willing to use my life to gamble once. Qing Li, you are more pitiful than me. You used ten thousand years to weave your lies. Once you wake up from your dream, won't you regret it?" Jing Zhao raised her head and fixedly looked at Qing Li who was sitting on the tree, with a serious and determined expression.

The ridicule in Qing Li's eyes eased. She squinted her eyes, a wave of fluctuation appearing in them, and she suddenly curled her lips and smiled, "No, at least he has been with me for ten thousand years. If I can't get it, then no one can. Princess Jing Zhao, since you are willing to gamble, then I'll wait and see. Will Qing Mu stay in the Heavenly Realm for your lifesaving grave or will he return to that little god of Qingchi Palace?"

After saying these words, Qing Li glanced in the Heavenly Palace's direction, and suddenly disappeared beside Juxian Pond without a trace. Only the spirit tree she was sitting on a moment ago left a strange fragrance.

Hearing the name of the last person Qing Li said, Jing Zhao blinked and her hands slightly tightened. Her expression was a little unwilling, and she closed her eyes in silence.

Thousands of years ago, in the depths of the North Sea, she had locked eyes with the black and red-robed immortal lord. Since then, she determined him to be the one. Qing Mu, if I am willing to gamble everything, will you stay for me?