Chapter 30: Shang Gu

Feng Ran stayed in Zizhu Courtyard, watching the thin red thread that had already penetrated into Qing Mu's heart, and her heart sank to the bottom.

Three days had already passed. Although Jing Jian sent a message saying that Hou Chi had successfully entered Chaosheng Palace, Feng Ran was still worried. If she doesn't come back in time, Qing Mu will probably...

Thinking of this, she got up and walked out, opened the door, and with a boom, a cyan figure hit the ground.

"Lord Feng Ran, you're going outside?" The confused voice was a little surprised. Ping Yao wiped the saliva from his mouth. Seeing Feng Ran push open the room's door, he hurriedly got up from the ground.

Seeing the boy's still confused expression, the corners of Feng Ran's mouth twitched and she nodded, "I can't wait anymore, you take me to Chaosheng Palace."

Ping Yao nodded, anxiously glanced into the room, and said, "Second Highness told me to listen to Your ladyship. I will take you there now." He turned his head and stared at Feng Ran again. His voice changed, carrying a wisp of pleasing, and his dark eyes were shining, "Your ladyship, this is the first time I have seen our Royal Highness so caring towards someone. I'm eighty percent sure he likes you. You are very lucky. Our Royal Highness is very popular in the Three Realms. The few princesses in the Dragon Palace had fought a bloody war against each other for one of his calligraphy works..."

"Nonsense." Feng Ran's eyebrows stiffened, and she swept Ping Yao's sleeve without kindness, "Liking me is his blessing. Lead the way."

The scolded Ping Yao wasn't frustrated, but just giggled and happily ran outside Zizhu Courtyard.

The enchantment outside Chaosheng Palace was still calm. Jing Jian looked at the dark patch with a solemn expression and sighed.

"Jing Jian, any news about Hou Chi?"

Feng Ran's voice suddenly sounded beside his ear. Jing Jian turned around to see his cold face. He shook his head and said, "No, since Hou Chi went in three days ago, there hasn't been any movement at all."

"Then is there any way to find out what happened inside?" Feng Ran stepped forward to get closer but was suddenly stopped by Jing Jian's outstretched hand.

"Don't go over there. With your spiritual power, you will turn into flying ashes as soon as you approach it."

The young man's face was solemn, and his hand on her wrist was extremely stiff. Feng Ran nodded her head and backed up. During these three days that Jing Jian stayed here, he probably also worried a lot.

"The three-day period is almost over. I hope that Hou Chi can come back before sunset."

A soft sigh sounded in the quiet square. Jing Jian turned his head to look at Feng Ran, his eyes warm and full of affection, "Don't worry, Heavenly Father will definitely bring Hou Chi out safely."

Being watched like this without preparation, Feng Ran was taken aback for a moment. These eyes, she seemed to have seen them somewhere...

In the void space, the Heavenly Emperor sat crossed-legged in the air. He looked at Hou Chi shrouded in golden light not far away with silent admiration. True God Shang Gu's inheritance was truly unique. This palace was nothing more than a relic of True God Shang Gu, so it can't be considered to have high spiritual power, but these three days, it increased Hou Chi's weak spiritual powers to that of a high lord. If this continued, it wasn't impossible for her to reach the peak of a high lord's strength.

However, the Heavenly Emperor's eyebrows were slightly furrowed. If this continued, he was afraid that Qing Mu wouldn't be saved. The dragon breath wasn't only as simple as destroying one's spiritual veins!