Chapter 39: Departure

(Part 1)

The voice was clear and pleasant, as well as a bit satisfying. The person who said it was smiling, but the person who was listening was stiff.

Hou Chi raised her head, slightly rolled her eyes, and immediately sat up straight. She stared at Qing Mu without blinking as she pointed to the egg. Her gaze was electric and she said, "What's the matter? Can you explain this to me?"

The momentum was suddenly fierce that Qing Mu was taken aback. She didn't remember anything of the sort, could it be Qing Mu...?

"What are you thinking!" Seeing Hou Chi's expression that was about to explode, Qing Mu's voice was full of helplessness. He held the egg in his hand closer and said, "When I was on Qinglong Platform, the power of the Nine Heavens Profound Thunder was too great, so I used the Taicang Spear to separate a part of it. At first, this power was only stained with my blood, and then somehow sucked your blood that was left outside the thunder curtain. After finishing the tribulation, I discovered that it had become this."

Qing Mu handed the egg to Hou Chi and pointed, "Look, there is the light of thunder and lightning, isn't there?"

Hou Chi took a closer look. She saw that there was a layer of faint blue thunder and lightning covering the gold and silver. There was also a layer of ancient patterning inside, making it truly magnificent. Only then did she look relieved. She took the egg from Qing Mu's hand and felt it with her spiritual sense. She was slightly taken aback when she realized that there was vitality inside it, and said, "Then what exactly is this thing, how can it generate vitality?"

She casually threw it up and down as she talked. Qing Mu's face paled. He was tense, fearing that it would accidentally slide out of Hou Chi's hand.

"I'm not sure. It should be our blood that created this change." Qing Mu said casually, turning his head to the forgotten God Gu Jun outside the fence and said, "Hou Chi, what's going on here?"

Gu Jun concentrated his attention, looked at the egg in Hou Chi's hand for quite a long time, then faking stroked his beard and said, "The Nine Heavens Profound Thunder is the most powerful spiritual thing created from heaven and earth. Their origin comes from chaos. If you force them to merge together, weka spiritual intelligence will naturally be produced, and a protective shell will form. As for it absorbing your blood...it should be that the spiritual thunder and lightning just condensed and formed and lacked nutrients."

"So you're saying that this thing will come out of the shell in the future?" Hou Chi asked God Gu Jun and glanced at it casually.

Seeing that his darling daughter's expression eased, God Gu Jun was secretly delighted and he hurriedly said, "Naturally. I think that hundreds of years from now, this egg with have some movement."

Upon hearing this, Hou Chi's hand that was tossing the egg obviously halted and she moved it more carefully, "If this is the case, then I shall reluctantly raise it. In the future, it may be more useful than Da Hei. Feng Ran, go back to Qingchi Palace to check what this heaven and earth-born spiritual being likes to eat so I can prepare earlier."

Her voice was full of entanglement, but her eagerness could be heard by everyone. Qing Mu raised his eyebrows with his hands behind his back, starting to regret taking the egg out so early. To him, who had just proposed, Hou Chi obviously was paying more attention to this strange egg.

Feng Ran curled her lips, lazily leaned against the bamboo stem behind her, and said, "What is there to be anxious about? There are still a few hundred years. It's not too late to check after Qing Mu returns from the barrier between the Immortal and Demon Realms."