Chapter 33: Meeting between Goddess Hou Chi and Heavenly Empress Wu Huan

(Part 1)

The colorful golden light shone, its majesty dominant. This movement really couldn't be considered small in Zisong Courtyard. Nearby, the immortals who learned of what was happening were dumbfounded, looking at the colorful golden light that hadn't appeared in the Immortal Realm for a thousand years as they knelt tremblingly outside the courtyard, with panicked faces. Qing Mu and Feng Ran frowned when they heard the voice as they walked out the door, looking worriedly at Hou Chi in the courtyard leaning against a purple pine. Only Jing Jian opened his mouth and lowered his eyes with worry.

However, under the solemn atmosphere, there was an abrupt sound of laughter in Zisong Courtyard, which should've been serious.

The laughter was very unexpected. It held clearness, but also carried indescribable ridicule. Everyone in the courtyard was taken aback, and the colorful golden line shrouded around Zisong Courtyard faintly fluctuated, escaping a trace of coldness.

"Going through the door and entering? Heavenly Empress, I have grown up in Qingchi Palace since childhood and I have nothing to do with you. Why talk about going through the door and entering?" The woman with lowered eyes had a light expression. Her hand brushed her sleeves casually, her eyebrows glowing.

Jing Jian's face stiffened when he heard the words, and he looked towards Hou Chi in silence. He didn't expect Hou Chi to use one sentence to completely cut off her relationship with their Heavenly Mother. It was clean and neat without any hesitation.

The voice in the air seemed to pause, then became more solemn, "Hou Chi, even so, I am your elder...you are supposed to come to see me."

Hou chi slightly raised her eyebrows, yawned, and lazily interrupted the voice in the air, "Hou Chi didn't know that Heavenly Empress is the first true god of the post-ancient world, but why hasn't Heavenly Empress announce this to the Three Realms and have me wait for the imperial edict?"

Hou Chi, what nonsense are you spurting? When did I say that I was promoted to a true god?" An indifferent voice came from the sky with faint anger.

These sixty thousand years, after the four true gods fell, no one dared to speak to her in this tone! What's more, the person is Hou Chi of Qingchi Palace...?

"Since Heavenly Empress isn't a true god, I was listed as a god on Kunlun Mountain tens of thousands of years ago. Why should I ask to see the Heavenly Empress? Heavenly Empress hasn't come to Qingchi Palace these tens of thousands of years. Could it be that you have forgotten this matter?"

The slightly raised phoenix eyes were cold. Looking towards the sky from the distance, Hou Chi stood straight up with her hands behind her back, the deep purple robe swaying against the ground, delineating the tranquility of the courtyard.

Tens of thousands of years ago, at the peak of Kunlun, the day of the wedding of the Heavenly Emperor and Empress was also the day Hou Chi was promoted to a god. The paths of the immortals and demons weren't unknown in the Three Realms, but no one ever dared to mention it. But they didn't expect this little god of Qingchi Palace to be so reckless. All the immortals kneeling outside the courtyard glanced at each other, and they were shocked with cold sweat.

Qing Mu fixedly looked at the side of Hou Chi's indifferent and cold face, his eyes flashing with invisible distress.

In the suffocating silence, the colorful golden light above Zisong Courtyard slowly faded. A beam of light suddenly fell on the courtyard, completely covering Hou Chi, dazzling and shining. After everyone came back to their senses, they discovered that Hou Chi, who was in the courtyard, had completely disappeared.

"Guys, don't worry. I'm going to Yuyu Palace. Hou Chi should be there." Jing Jian's face was startled, and he said to the two people with a drastically changing expression, then anxiously ran out of the courtyard.