Chapter 31: Dragon Pellet

(Part 1)

After Hou Chi came out from the enchantment, she saw Jing Jian and Feng Ran guarding outside with solemn expressions. She didn't have time to say hello and flew towards the Heavenly Palace.

The two guarding outside only felt a stream of light fly by, and then she was already far away. After carefully looking at the figure on the ground, Feng Ran couldn't help but stare, a bit of surprise flashing across her eyes. In a mere three days, Hou Chi's spiritual power had increased to that of a high deity, which was simply incredible when she thought about it. It seemed that Hou Chi must have changed in Chaosheng Palace, but she also understood that now wasn't a good time to inquire about it. Therefore, she hurriedly pulled Jing Jian to drive the cloud and they followed Hou Chi towards the Heavenly Palace.

Three days had already passed. Qing Mu probably...

A white light emerged from the enchantment, surpassing the two in an instant, racing straight towards Jing Jian's palace. This white light was fierce but held a bit of anxiousness and coercion. Jing Jian's expression slightly moved, and he thought to himself. How could his father be so gaffe...

With Hou Chi's spiritual power, flying to Zisong Courtyard was only a matter of seconds, but when she really stopped in front of the courtyard, she felt a sense of fear that was close to homesickness. Even the Heavenly Emperor couldn't save him. If she went in, Qing Mu would already be...

With a "bang" and without thinking, Hou Chi straightened her eyebrows, pushed open the courtyard door, and went straight to the room. Even if she changed her fate against the heavens, she wouldn't allow anything to happen to Qing Mu!

In the quiet room, the pale face of the young man when she left was still in her mind, but this time, only the piece of profound ice was on the empty bed, and Qing Mu was nowhere to be seen.

Turned into flying ash...Remembering what the Heavenly Emperor said, Hou Chi stood by the bed in a panic, looking at the scene in disbelief. Her palms trembled, and suddenly, she knelt at the side of the bed, as if she had lost all of her strength. Her heart shrank suddenly, almost unable to accept reality.

Ever since she stepped into Liaowang Mountain, Qing Mu had always been by her side. No matter what time it was, when she turned around, he would definitely be by her side...she was used to his existence and felt horrified when he suddenly left.

"Hou Chi, what's wrong with you?"

A clear voice sounded behind her, sounding sweetly in Hou Chi's ears. She suddenly turned her head, her eyes moistening.

The young man leaned against the pine tree in the courtyard, wearing a red robe with a golden embroidered ribbon tied around his waist. His long, black hair was lazily draped over his shoulders, and his face was a little thin. There was a slight smile at the corners of his mouth, the coldness having disappeared. The pair of eyes were particularly clear as they looked at her softly and gently.

Hou Chi looked at Qing Mu in the yard in shock. Her nose suddenly felt sore, and there was a bit of choking in her voice. Her eyes widened, filled with joy and surprise, "Qing Mu, you're fine now?"

Before the young man could answer, she rushed to the yard and hugged him tightly, "The Heavenly Emperor said that you would turn into scattered smoke....He doesn't say good things. My God Father was right, he's just an unstoppable liar. I shouldn't have believed him!"

The grievance-filled complaint rang out in the yard with a slight tremor. If one listened carefully, there was even a bit of uncertainty and fear.

He had never seen Hou Chi look so worried before. Qing Mu was slightly startled, his eyes suddenly deepening. Feeling the almost-invisible tremor of the hands that were hugging him, a touch of distress crossed his eyes, and he raised his hand to touch Hou Chi's head, crossing her blue silk, "Slow down, slow down, talk slowly, I'm here."