Chapter 18: Prologue Again

With her short limbs, round and bulging eyes, and the snow-white little fur still wrapped around her body, the sizes were all perfect, and a white hand as tender as a lotus root tightly pulled Qing Mu’s robe, the big watery eyes able to melt anyone instantly.

Qing Mu had faced Hou Chi with this appearance for a few months, but he sighed inside this time. This child seemed to know how to deal with him in the best way.

“Hou Chi, we have already exited the Demon Realm.” Feng Ran’s voice rang, a little helplessly, “If you really like this appearance, you can just transform back when we arrive at Qingchi Palace.”

Perhaps she felt too embarrassed because Feng Ran’s teeth even squeaked under her clenching. They were risking Qingchi Palace’s ten thousand years of glory!

Qing Mu said nothing. He took Hou Chi’s small hand and squatted down. The child’s expression obviously indicated that something was wrong, “What’s the matter?”

Hou Chi’s little mouth curled, and her chubby little hand patted Qing Mu’s hand. She looked extremely aggrieved, “I can’t transform back.”

“What’s the matter?” Feng Ran also noticed that something was wrong and came over. Although Hou Chi’s immortal power was weak, why couldn’t she transform back after they left the Demon Realm?

Hou Chi shook her head, her eyes darkening. Qing Mu looked anxious and touched the little bun on her head.

“Try to pour your immortal power into the stone bracelet. Does it work?” Seeing Hou Chi silent, Feng Ran said this hurriedly, not worrying if Qing Mu was beside or not. The little god was taken out of Qingchi Palace by her. If she went back with this appearance, she would probably be scolded to death by Chang Que.

When Qing Mu heard these words, his eyes flashed invisibly. The seal on Hou Chi’s body might have something to do with the stone bracelet. Could the person who had sealed her off be the mysterious and unpredictable Bo Xuan who even the Demon Emperor had trouble tracking?

“I don’t know either, perhaps my spiritual power is just too bad.” Hou Chi lowered her head in frustration. Her little hand-stirred in Qing Mu’s hand a few times, and she sighed, “If God father sees me like this, he’ll probably be even more disappointed.”

While on Da’ze Mountain, she could still rely on the power of the stone bracelet to calm down the high deities, but now, she didn’t even have the power to turn back to her original appearance.

She wasn’t skilled in literature or martial arts. Others thought that the little god of Qingchi Palace was extraordinary, but in reality, she was just decorated in gold and jade. [1]

Forget about helping her God father release some of his anger. She was afraid that when she bumped into the people of the Nine Heavens…Hou Chi sighed, feeling a sense of sadness she had never felt before.

“It’s okay, when we go to Liaowang Mountain, we will definitely find Bo Xuan, and we’ll understand everything then.” Qing Mu patted Hou Chi’s small head and put her into his arms again.

The young man had a voice so convincing that it seemed to be some magical spell. Hou Chi nodded her head, replied with an “mhm”, and put her chin on his shoulder, humming comfortably.

Feng Ran glanced at Hou Chi suspiciously, saying inside, “This little one wasn’t pretending to be pitiful just now, right?”

The three of them directed the cloud to Liaowang Mountain, but they didn’t notice that at the exact moment they exited the Demon Realm, the originally chaotic and dark unknown spot on the Qingtian Pillar began to show some fuzzy marks.