Chapter 12: Entanglement

When the crisp and childish voice entered the young man's ears, it carried a different meaning. It was soft and scratched at one's heart. Qing Mu frowned. He did not like to be interrupted, but after he saw Hou Chi's serious little expression, a smile arose in his eyes. He didn't know why he suddenly had such a complicated and peculiar feeling, but Qing Mu turned around to face a serious Hou Chi, who was sitting on a rock. "Hou Chi, you're always saying that you're the god of the Three Realms, but you can't guess my origin?"

The doll-like female who had a question asked back to her looked at the young man in front of her, furrowed her eyebrows. Qing Mu, who was standing not far away, raised his eyebrows and looked around with a faint smile, which made her think of a verse in "A Nation's Color", a script from the Mortal Realm.

Hou Chi coughed, and her face was tense. After silently reciting "beauty can distract" a few times, she looked at Qing Mu seriously, "My nobility does not mean that my spiritual power is high. This is something that the whole Three Realms know. I'm not being dramatic. Just say it, what is your origin? Even if I am ignorant, I have never heard of any immortal lord being able to completely extinguish the purple flames at the Demon Realm's Gate of Life and Death. Even when Dong Hua broke through the Gate of Life and Death, he only swayed the purple flames!"

Dong Hua was a veteran high lord, and there weren't many people in the Three Realms that had higher spiritual power than him. If the goal was to slightly weaken the purple flames of the Gate of Life and Death, there were quite some people who could accomplish it, but there has never been a person in these tens of thousands of years who was able to completely distinguish them with one move. What's more, that sky-defying aura, although it only lasted for a second...perhaps only the Demon Emperor had the power to contend with it.

Qing Mu had only been famous for over a thousand years. His teacher was unknown, and his origin was a mystery. Apart from his unpredictable height of immortal power, and his cold personality, no one knew anything about him.

As abnormal as a demon, at Qing Mu's age, if he could cultivate to this state, he might become the fifth god of the post-ancient world.

"Oh, this Gate of Life and Death has such a big name." Qing Mu raised his eyebrows with a little surprise, spreading his hands under the serious gaze of Hou Chi. "Stop looking at me like that, I also don't know what just happened. As for my origin, didn't I say this, that I had something to ask about Bo Xuan?"

"Are you saying that Bo Xuan knows about your origin? Don't you know your own origin?" Hou Chi's expression froze. She didn't really trust Qing Mu's words. How would there be a person who didn't know of their own origin? And what does this have to do with Bo Xuan?

"With your identity as Goddess Hou Chi, you can just ask him. What's so strange about me not knowing my origin?!" Qing Mu walked to Hou Chi's side and bent to pick her up under her stunned expression. He turned around to walk to the street in front of them, then silently recited some words, and the two of them were covered in a black robe again.

The endless stream of people passed by the two of them, all rushing in one direction. In this Third Heaven of indifferent killing, no one noticed the two's existence. It was quiet for a long time, and then a youth's voice sounded under the black robes, which carried a bit of helplessness and some invisible melancholy.

"Stop moving, I'll tell you. I was born in the depths of the North Sea. I didn't have any memory when I woke up. There was nothing else on my body besides the stone bracelet on my wrist. The only thing I remembered was..." Qing Mu paused for a moment, and he paused like flowing water, "Someone once told me, as long as I could find the person who gave me the stone bracelet, I could learn of my origin. For so many years, the stone bracelet on your wrist is the only clue I found."