Chapter 6: Princess Jing Zhao

The immortal manor of Da'ze Mountain had already disappeared. With a confused face, Feng Ran was staring at Hou Chi, who was standing straight and had on a serious expression. She was about to open her mouth when she heard a "puff", and the person beside her slumped onto the cloud in a particularly sloppy posture. In a moment, Hou Chi's outfit changed back to her cloth robes and green hairpin. She was breathing heavily and her face was white, and all traces of her previous arrogant demeanor disappeared.

"Spit it out, what do you want to ask?" Hou Chi said as she stretched her waist lazily after seeing Feng Ran's curious expression.

"Hou Chi, just now...what exactly happened?"

Such behavior and manners required much more than just pretending. Even if Hou Chi could learn the calm and cold personality of God Gu Jun, she still would not be like that in front of a crowd of immortals. It was like...she had become another person in an instant.

"I'm not sure either. It should be because of this."

Hou Chi spread out her hand, and a bracelet strung with dark green stone beads reflected a dark color under the light. If one looked carefully, he would be able to see many words.

Hou Chi wore this bracelet for thousands of years. It was normally black and unnoticeable, and there didn't seem to be anything strange about it. This was the first time that Feng Ran had seen the bracelet turn into dark green.

"When I climbed up to the immortal residence, I overheard your conversation with Zi Yuan. The immortals were all in the hall, and Dong Hua was indebted to Jing Jian. Even if I am a goddess, you know that my reputation can't even compare to that of a high lord, and it wasn't an easy task to want to punish Zi Yuan."

Hou Chi held her chin with a lazy expression, "So I thought that I would transform into a more dignified appearance before going up. It at least would scare them. But who knew that it didn't work after trying so long. I was anxious, and accidentally put my immortal powers into the bracelet, and...I changed into the appearance you saw just now."

"Is it really so magical?" Seeing her carefree appearance, Feng Ran couldn't really apply "anxious" to her, and could only take the bracelet for careful analysis, looking at it suspiciously.

"It seems like there are words on it, but I can't see them clearly." Feng Ran muttered and put the bracelet back in Hou Chi's hand.

"I can't see them clearly either, but this object is really strange. It was given to me by Bo Xuan when I was enlightened. He said before that this bracelet is called...Dissolving Tribulations."

"Dissolving Tribulations? Such a strange name." Feng Ran said, but she did not notice the flash of blankness on Hou Chi's face when she said the name.

Generally, the immortal objects passed down from ancient times all had high spiritual powers, so it wasn't strange for them to have names.

"Hou Chi, perhaps this is a weapon from ancient times. You can use this to show your nobleness, so wear it with care." Thinking of Hou Chi's weak spiritual powers, Feng Ran could not help say this as she slipped it onto Hou Chi's wrist.

Show her nobleness? Hou Chi thought of the spiritual power released from the stone bracelet that had hit Zi Yuan. She pressed her lip shut and did not stop Feng Ran.

"Feng Ran, Bo Xuan hasn't come to Qingchi Palace in eight thousand years, right?"

"Yes, I haven't seen him in a long time." Feng Ran stroked her chin and smiled at Hou Chi with squinted eyes.

Bo Xuan was only inferior to God Gu Jun in Qingchi Palace. When she entered the palace, he had stayed in the palace to take care of Hou Chi. No one knew of his origin, and no one knew how powerful his spiritual powers were either. Even though they had never competed, Feng Ran knew that she was far from being Bo Xuan's opponent the moment she met him.