Chapter 3: Competing

Mountains without edges, unite the sky and ground...and you said that you won't make things hard for me! The only being in the Three Realms that would be able to achieve this is the ancestral god himself!

Looking at the girl on the rock holding a fishing pole and staring into the water, Feng Ran, who was at a loss of words, had widened her phoenix eyes as she stared at her. Her red hair had started to move more vigorously with anger, and she took a step forward and sat cross-legged next to the girl. After a long moment of thinking, she said choppily, "Hou Chi, why not say an easier one...don't forget that when God Gu Jun came back to the palace last time, it was me who alerted you, or else the drama books from the Mortal Realm would have been discovered."

With a crisp "ding" sound, the fish hook drew a circle in the pond, creating ripples on the surface of the water.

"Feng Ran, this was so long ago. I've hidden so many things from Chang Que for you these ten thousand years, and have already paid you back." The young girl who was called Hou Chi didn't turn her head back and said as she looked at the floating fishing pole in her hand, "These fish have become smart. They still haven't taken the bait. This is so boring..."

When Feng Ran heard this, the corners of her mouth twitched separately. How could the fish in Huajing Pond be normal objects? Most of them have already turned into sprites. They were only helping you pass the time, which is why they haven't changed back to their human forms.

"Hou Chi...the fish in the Mortal Realm will take the bait." She had always been arrogant and domineering, but she was particularly patient with the person in front of her, and could only smile flatteringly.

"You want to go to Dong Hua's birthday banquet this badly?" She had never seen Feng Ran like this. There was some suspicion in Hou Chi's words. She turned around, looking at Feng Ran with her eyes raised.

The girl who looked back had a delicate face. She looked only fifteen or sixteen years old and a little like a child, which was exceptionally ordinary.

If she hadn't appeared in this blessed place, and the one in front of her was a high deity who was working for her, no one would have imagined that she was the famous Goddess Hou Chi of the Three Realms.

But when the pair of eyes looked at you, a feeling of a gap of white would wash over. If Feng Ran had not known her for thousands of years, she would be stunned as well.

When she first saw her, she was surprised as well, but later, she also understood that no matter how weak the little god's spiritual power was, she was a few ten thousand years old after breaking out of the shell, so she naturally couldn't compare to normal immortals.

Feng Ran knew that it was not easy for Hou Chi to grow up like this. When she entered the palace, Hou Chi was already the size of a ten-year-old mortal child, and she still hadn't turned into an adult appearance after thousands of years. Over the years, as she watched her slowly grow up, her heart often whispered inside that God Gu Jun was really pitiful. If they were an ordinary immortal family, with an immortal foundation that Hou Chi had, she probably would have turned into ashes a long time ago. It was also thanks to the aura of Qingchi Palace and loads of elixir that raised her to be so big.

No matter how ordinary she looked, she had coercion that was difficult for normal immortals to accomplish. It was rare to see Hou Chi asking her so solemnly, and Feng Ran hesitated for a moment before replying, "Yes, I indeed do want to go. It will only work out if you go with God's invitation. If I...God Gu Jun isn't here, and those people are all hoping that I would cause trouble."

"That's true. I don't think Dong Hua would want to make things hard for me." Hou Chi nodded her head and put down her fishing pole, saying lightly as she stroked her chin, "When does Dong Hua's birthday banquet start?"