Chapter 17: Return (Part 1)

The dark and deep purple long silk skirt poured down from the waist, the layers of various patterns around the bottom of the skirt, outlining a fancy and tough edge. The totem of the nine-tailed demon fox soared on the sleeve, empty and mysteriously, with a somewhat overpowering sonorous face. Long hair was casually draped over the shoulders, not at all failing the depression of Chongzi Palace. Chang Qin seemed to have transformed suddenly as she stood in front of the Gate of Life and Death, staring at Sen Yu with indifferent eyes.

If it weren’t for the very strange atmosphere, Hou Chi would have whistled at Chang Qin like in the Mortal Realm scripts. This look, this posture, this temperament was so much stronger than the one standing to the side. She glanced at the nervous woman in light purple standing behind Sen Yu, and she rolled her eyes. The two’s clothing were of similar colors, but one looked heroic and majestic with first-class style, while the other looked pitiful but attractive.

This Qing Li was good at scheming, but her approach just made her inferior and ugly.

“A’Qin, although the Demon and Immortal Realms have been at peace these years, the three thousand years period is almost over. At that time, a great battle will be inevitable. Why don’t you stay in the Third Heaven? The brothers in the army all miss you very much.” Ever since that incident happened that year, Chang Qin insisted on leaving the Third Heaven. She had already resigned her position as the commander of the Demon World. Now, Sen Yu wanted to keep her, so he could only use emotions.

“Second Highness, Hei Wu has already taken over my position. He had done a very good job these few thousand years and he has done nothing wrong. Your Highness doesn’t need to say anything else, my intent on leaving is set.”

A cold voice came slowly. Somehow, there was a sense of loneliness that held all these years. Chang Qin raised her head to look at Sen Yu, who was not far away, and her eyes slightly fell on Qing Li who was on his side, with no sorrow or joy. In the end, it was her who was too persistent all these years.

“A’Qin, are you worried about Qing Li?” Seeing Chang Qin look towards Qing Li, Sen Yu immediately took two steps forward and said anxiously, “There was a reason for what happened back then. Qing Li lost her demon pellet because of me. She originally couldn’t survive, so I had to give her some of the vitality of my demon pellet. This way, she has to stay next to me in a thousand-kilometer radius.”

It was taboo for demons to take out the vitality of one’s demon pellet because of the loss of lifespan. Chang Qin’s expression froze, then looked at Sen Yu, who looked anxious and lightly pressed her lips. Qing Li lost her demon pellet to save him, so he used his demon pellet’s vitality to save her. This was indeed something that Sen Yu would do with his personality and style. No wonder Qing Li could still survive without her demon pellet. So this was the reason.

However, for Qing Li, who had lost her demon pellet, even if Sen Yu helped her, it wouldn’t be possible for her to have lived till now.

After hesitating for a while, Sen Yu’s voice lowered a little, “Qing Li became like this to save me. Even if I use my demon pellet’s vitality to save her life, she will not survive for one thousand years. Before she completely transforms into a fox, she once pleaded to me to allow her to stay in the Third Heaven in the name of my fiance. Chang Qin, my action of canceling the marriage back then was…”

Sen Yu stopped talking, his expression lonely. He didn’t have any power to give back to a life-exchanging grace. At that time, he could only choose to keep Qing Li by his side and cancel his marriage with Chang Qin, and then he would explain to Chang Qin one thousand years later when Qing Li left. For them, a thousand years was very short, but he and Chang Qin had been together for tens of thousands of years, so he knew that if he allowed Chang Qin to leave the Third Heaven like this, they probably wouldn’t have any chance to meet again, which was why he tried his best to keep her here all these years.