Chapter 38: Promise

(Part 1)

"God Gu Jun, I am Qing Mu. I am willing to use myself as the betrothal item to marry Goddess Hou Chi, and hope that God Gu Jun will agree."

The same sentence, with the clear and unbearable voice, rang three times, each one more persistent than the one before.

The immortals hadn't recovered from the shock of the eighty-one strikes of the thunder tribulation, and a more impactful scene had already happened.

The solemn-expressionned God Qing Mu, the slightly stunned Goddess Hou Chi, the miserable Princess Jing Zhao, the disbelieving Heavenly Emperor and Empress...and the colorful-faced God Gu Jun.

Although Lord Qing Mu, who had experienced the Nine Heavens Profound Thunder, was not promoted to a god, his terrifying immortal power still made everyone fearful. As the immortal deity most likely to become the world's fifth god, would God Gu Jun agree to his proposal?

The people waiting for the response were not just everyone within one hundred meters of the Heavenly Palace. In the void not far away, a man in white leaned on a throne created from purple light. A dangerous dark light was outlined at the corner of his eyes. He held his chin as he fixedly watched the scene, his left hand gently tapping it, expressionless.

It was strangely quiet. Anxiety slowed in slowly. Everyone quietly took a look at God Gu Jun, who had gathered various colors on his face as he slowed his breathing.

Alright, although Lord Qing Mu's love moved heaven and earth, moving these outsiders, now, everyone could see that this only-child and daughter-protecting God Gu Jun was unhappy. They didn't want to rush up to be cannon fodder. It was better to stay still.

In the extreme silence, Hou Chi was stunned for a long time before regaining her senses and suddenly raised her head to look at Qing Mu.

The young man bowed his head stubbornly, paying respects that were performed in ancient times. His dark red robe was particularly eye-catching and was as hot as a flame.

She hooked the corners of her mouth and slightly narrowed her eyes as her folded hands hung at her waist.

Using himself as the betrothal item. Qing Mu, the crazy person you are. With the old man's personality and style, it would be strange for him to easily agree to you. Although this was what she was thinking, o the bottom of her eyes were stained with invisible anticipation. She slowly raised her eyes to look at God Gu Jun, who was already sitting in midair.

"Marry Hou Chi? Qing Mu..." God Gu Jun kept his indifferent expression and said blankly, "By what reason do you think that I will agree? Just because you suffered eighty-one strikes of the thunder tribulation?"

It seemed like he expected God Gu Jun to say this. Qing Mu put his hands down from his shoulders, fixedly looked at God Gu Jun, and said, "I, Qing Mu, swear to the heavens, as long as I am here, in these Three Realms and Nine Continents, if a god hurts her, then I shall punish the god. If a monster embarrasses her, then I shall punish the monster. His soul will scatter away.

Qing Mu's eyes were too determined and resolute. God Gu Jun was slightly taken aback. He saw his daughter's secretly expectant and slightly shocked expression and sighed inside, his eyes becoming solemn.

"Qing Mu, since you are willing to suffer the pain of the Nine Heavens Profound Thunder for Hou Chi, then I won't make things difficult for you."

As soon as God Gu Jun said this, a streak of delight instantly flashed across Qing Mu's eyes. He raised his eyes towards God Gu Jun. But it was Hou Chi who looked at God Gu Jun strangely. She stroked her chin as if she couldn't believe that we would agree so easily.