3.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

trigger warning - drug use

<3.5>
a time skip

        LILY EVANS WAS LEAVING FOR HER fifth year at Hogwarts and Petunia stayed inside her dark room, briefly looking out the window at her sister's departure.

Despite the hot weather, the youngest twin kept a long sleeve shirt on her body, simply ignoring the heat that dazed her as she stared off into space.

Petunia Evans felt nothing.

        The blonde, who would always feel sad when her sister would leave, officially felt a weight lift off her shoulders, seeing as her sister finally left — something Petunia had been wishing for all summer.

       The two sisters, who were once very close, no longer got along like they once did.

      When Lily's first year had happened, Petunia had received short to no responses from her sister. And although she tried to remain positive throughout that time, a part of her happiness was fully ripped away on Christmas.

      When her second year hit, Lily decided not to come home at all, but rather spend her time with her friends — not once sending her sister a letter and not even responding when Petunia wished her a Happy Birthday. (which was also her birthday). And when the youngest tried to speak her feelings to her parents, the two were quick to shut her down, explaining that Lily needed to experience her new life on her own.

       For Lily's third year, she had actually come home. But, to Petunia's knowledge, her twin left everyday to visit a boy she became friends with over the year. Apparently he was a wizard too.
And Petunia, who just wanted to spend time with her sister, had actually tried to join the two occasionally, but quickly felt unwelcome by them both. And then, as she would go home defeated, her parents would be displeased that she'd left the house.

Petunia wasn't permitted to leave the house.

        Then, last year, Lily's fourth year at Hogwarts, the two twins had found themselves in an awful fight during the Christmas break. Both Lily and Petunia had said awful things to one another, and from that moment on — Petunia no longer thought of Lily as her sister and found hatred for a specific kind. Wizards and Witches.

     To the people who had known Petunia previously — None would be able to recognize the girl she had turned into. Her once cheerful smile no longer lingered in the air and Petunia's happiness was now extinct.

    She no longer made jokes that made others laugh, she would no longer smile during their family dinners. Instead, the blonde would sit in her room, depressed and defeated as she looked out the window, watching as the the street light flickered simultaneously at night.

    The now fifteen year old girl would find her freedom in sneaking out at night and roaming the streets by herself. Occasionally she would pass by someone who would make her feel unsafe, but as she no longer truly cared about her wellbeing, Petunia would ignore her anxiety-filled state and simply walk past them.

     The same nightly routine occurred for Petunia all the way until November. When the blonde girl had easily escaped through her window and into the shadows of Cokeworth's streets, she had met a group of people that she would soon call her closest friends — and who others would call bad influences.

There were three of them. Two boys and a girl.

      Petunia learned their names to be Oliver, Henry, and Amber. Amber, the only girl in the group, was sporting bright pink hair and a cigarette closed between her lips. The other two, Oliver and Henry, both had curly hair, though one was blonde while the other was brunette.

      Petunia had met them on accident on November 8th, when she had accidentally ran into Oliver. The three were drunk, giggling messes and Petunia watched them curiously, not knowing how to respond to the people slightly older than her.

     But to the girl's relief, no words were spoken. Instead, who she now knows as Oliver, handed her a fresh beer and half smoked blunt, nodding to the girl to take a hit.

    Petunia, who had never smoked before, eye'd the drug momentarily. Though, as Oliver lightly grasped her hand, bringing it up to her lips, Petunia found herself inhaling it — coughing just a moment later.

The others laughed at the reaction.

Oliver, though, had not.

      Instead, the boy gave her a nod of approval before placing it back onto his own lips, inhaling the drug easily.

        And Petunia, with the help of her new friend, had then opened the bottle and sipped the beer, grimacing at the taste.

       She couldn't deny that she hated the taste of the beverage, but as she wanted to impress the people in front of her, she chugged it down — asking for more.

      On that day and moving forward, Petunia's life had changed drastically. As it was the day she found a new and unhealthy cycle in her life.

      The fifteen, soon to be sixteen, year old girl was starting to experiment on things she knew nothing about, causing her to fall into an addiction only one person would eventually help her out of.

P.EVANS + J.POTTER