9.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

i'm estimating (could be totally wrong) 6 or 7 more chapters in ACT 9???

roughly 5 chapters will be in ACT 9.5

and, again, roughly 5 chapters + an epilogue in ACT 10.

<9.5>
the day is christmas

     NOT A SINGLE DROP OF SNOW HAD arrived by Christmas morning. Though the ground was still covered white, along with the temperatures being freezing, it hadn't felt like Christmas. And even if it wasn't her fault, Petunia still felt slightly responsible for the lack of holiday cheer.

Her arm had been wrapped and cleaned, thanks to Mia, as she was the only one who could stay calm in the particular moment. And a now cold cup of tea laid on her nightstand, something she would still need to thank Fleamont for — since he was the one who made it for her.

James was still asleep next to her, slight snores escaping every few seconds. And Sirius, who refused to leave the room, fell asleep in a position Petunia couldn't help but cringe at — thinking that the doorknob wasn't the best choice for the boy who fell asleep against the door.

But even so, when she told him that originally, Petunia noticed his overly unusual stubborn nature — and as she was too tired to fight it, she opted to toss him a blanket instead. Which he was rather grateful for.

By the looks of the sky, Petunia estimated it to be six in the morning, meaning she'd have at least two hours until everyone else would be awake.

Petunia was still slightly out of it, almost as if she was locked inside her dazed state. She didn't know why she was still feeling that way — or why her body still felt weak in every way. She almost thought that Voldemort was still near, lurking out for her. But with the lack of burning from her scar, she knew that couldn't be the case.

He wasn't near.

Petunia glanced down to her ragged scar, seeing as the cloth that surrounded it was now stained. It would have to be cleaned and changed again, but with the fact it was hard for her to move — that would have to be a task for later.

A small amount if dizzy spells still consumed her, which she was rather unthankful for — and as she even felt herself starting to sway, Petunia subconsciously grabbed onto the table beside her, almost knocking something off the side.

She weakly caught it.

Small, wooden, a design gracing her fingertips and palm — Petunia glanced down to the object in her hand, a small smile replacing her confused one as she twirled the homemade wand in her hand.

She had completely forgotten about it.

The small communication-like device James had gotten her for her birthday. It ended up not going into too much use as she found herself in Hogwarts soon after. But even so, she was rather appreciative over it — now holding it properly as she swayed it in her hand.

Having memorized the spells she'd seen from her friends' textbooks, Petunia recited them quietly, flicking the wooden wand every which way.

"Alohomora"

"Wingardium Leviosa"

Or her personal favorite, as she thought it was the most fun to say,

"Expelliarmus"

Petunia countered out the spells, her smile growing wider at each one she said. And although nothing was happening, the girl let her imagination take over for a moment — picturing sparks flying in every direction of the room.

She didn't know many, but she didn't mind that. Petunia repeated them, even making up her own as she continued to distract herself from her fuzzy head.

But as she let the spells continue to be 'casted', Petunia slowly stopped — her smile fading as she looked to her wand, seeing her hand start to tremble as her head felt heavier.

She blinked once or twice, initially closing her eyes as the feeling became uncomfortable to her. And although she didn't know how to stop it, nor did she want to wake anyone up and worry them further, Petunia felt no control of her body as her hand went up to her temple, slightly shaking as the wand pierced into her skin — almost waiting for her to speak.

"seerensapa"

P.EVANS + J.POTTER