1

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

<1>
vision - 1

PETUNIA BLINKED RAPIDLY AS she found herself in a new room. A classroom, to be specific — filled with kids a few years younger than she was.

The room was small, shelves decorated on each section of the walls. Vials with ingredients and liquids were filling every empty space, sitting alphabetically in order.

She, herself, held a vial of green liquid — though, she didn't know what the substance was. And even so, as she glanced down to the notes (that definitely wasn't her handwriting) — Petunia found herself confused from the writing, especially as it was different from the notes people had surrounding her.

     She tried to move, to at least shift in her seat into more comfortability — however, not a single muscle would move to her liking. And even when she tried to relocate her eyes past the table and students she was currently with — not a single glance would peek through, acting as if she was only allowed to relive a moment through someone else's eyes.

       "Very good, Mr. Lockwood," A man's voice caught her attention. And for some reason, his approaching figure caused a rush of anxiety to invade her body — leading her to forcefully shift in her seat, shoving the unidentified liquid under the table and for herself to lean over the book — acting as if she had been staring at the boiling cauldron the whole time.

      Petunia could feel the man lingering behind her, slightly leaning over her as he looked over the potion — hiding his smile.

"Very good, Miss Lestrange," The professor smiled down to her, "From what I can tell, you're further than the rest," he added in quieter, trying to hide the rest from hearing.

Petunia could not control her words as she thanked him, her voice being softer and silkier than what she was used to. And as she watched him step away, the girl let out a deep sigh, anxiously tapping the hidden vial as her eyes were now freely roaming throughout the class.

       Everyone she passed was unrecognizable, as she assumed they would be. And she watched them, almost inspecting them as they were working on their potion. Though, it seemed as if they weren't what she was looking for, since Petunia felt forced to move her eyes to a different side of the classroom — right to where one recognizable person was.

       Bright ginger hair pulled back into a tight bun. There were a few lingering pieces falling from the front, though, Lily did not seem to mind as she stared down at her potion — a frown being firm on her face.

       Petunia could tell she was struggling, frustrated with the results she currently held. And Petunia felt herself glance back down to the paper - rereading the words carefully.

The Legisium potion is a complex and dangerous potion used to mind control the subject who drinks it.

She continuously tapped the vial.

It can cause the victim to do actions and spells, even if they have never mastered or heard it.

Her eyes looked to the vial next.

And, again, without her consent — Petunia felt as her body was forced from the chair, straight towards Lily, who hadn't noticed the approaching girl.

"Need help?" She automatically spoke, again, hearing a voice that wasn't her own, "I'm almost done with my own and..." She trailed, "I can see you may be struggling."

Lily at first hadn't responded to the gesture, not even realizing she'd been spoken too. However, as she took her focus away from the book, the ginger slightly jumped as she finally noticed the girl — fixing her bun soon after.

"Pandora?" She seemed surprised by her own words, softly tilting her head as she looked straight at Petunia, "What-" She almost stuttered, looking past the girl to the table she'd just left. "I think they're upset with you being over here," Lily awkwardly pointed out, causing Petunia to glance behind her — seeing the disapproving looks from their table.

"They'll be okay," Petunia felt herself smile, though, she could tell it was fake, "Slughorn said I was ahead," She shrugged, "And you seem, well.."

"I'm horrid at Potions," Lily was quick to admit, tucking in the fallen strands of her hair. "Not all the time," she added in right after, "But-"

"We have to consume this," Petunia heard the words as she spoke them, "And you don't want too mess that up."

"Merlin's no," Lily laughed in return, again, making Petunia be forced back into a fake-smile.

"Let me help then." she spoke in response, immediately using her free hand to point to Lily's book — right onto the directions. "See-" she began to speak again, explaining the directions as if they mattered.

Though, Petunia hadn't even been focused on the words that were forced from her. No, she was focused on her left hand — that had poured the green liquid of her vial into the one Lily had been messing with, all while the ginger was occupied elsewhere.

Again, Petunia tried to jolt her hand away, force it from the position it was currently in — however, it was no use as she had no control of anything that was happening.

This wasn't real time.

Only a vision.

"From what I can see," The words forcefully came, along with her eyes peering into the drugged potion, "You only need to stir," She thought out, "Three times, clockwi—"

"But it says—"

"Three times," the voice repeated, "clockwise."

Lily looked to her in confusion, unsure if she should listen to what Pandora had said. And Petunia internally yelled not to do it, to throw away the potion as a whole. But Lily couldn't hear her. Because Petunia wasn't there — there was nothing she could do but watch — already knowing how this will end.

"Okay."

Another forced smile, though, this one was more genuine than before. And Petunia could feel the happiness Pandora had felt as Lily followed the directions perfectly.

"One more thing," Petunia heard the voice again, feeling as she was forced to lean forward, right next to Lily's ear, "Seerensapa."

P.EVANS + J.POTTER