6.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

look at me doing my old updating style

<6.5>
ominous letter for a final meeting

NEITHER EVANS TWIN WAS expecting to be woken up so early in the morning, thinking that they deserved a break after the news given to them. Though, Marlene and Dorcas had a different idea, trying their best to take their minds  away from the matter — at least momentarily.

Dorcas had a soft woven basket in her hands, letting an aroma of fruits and cheese scavenge the air in their dorm room. Marlene, on the other hand, had a handful of blankets and pillows tucked into her arms — making her almost sweat from the heat radiating off of it.

It was currently nine in the morning, the sun now blazing above the shorter trees, causing a glisten in the dark lake. Most people were spending that day with their friends — studying and talking as there wasn't much to do.

       Petunia's eyes were closed, despite not actually being asleep. She couldn't sleep — having a wave of guilt strike her after every other breath she took. Petunia wanted to feel sad, she wanted to have the feeling of remorse hit her.

not relief.

     Relief that she wouldn't have to go back, that she wouldn't be stuck in her room or hidden behind the tall wooden fence that covered any sight of her. Relief that her mother would no longer be disappointed in her, making her feel pain on not only the inside but also the outside. Petunia would no longer have to hear her father's voice, who continuously told her she didn't belong, that she was just in the way — no sense of specialty about her.

     She tried to remember the good. Petunia would think about when she was little, not yet hitting the double digits in age. When her and Lily would get along, play together, tell each other secrets. She missed hearing Lily's laugh. She missed hearing her laugh. Petunia, for a moment, wished she could go back to that time — thinking she could change the outcome of the next few years.

she couldn't.

      Petunia didn't flinch awake when she heard Dorcas's gentle voice, asking her if she was awake. She only opened her eyes, pretending to just notice the presence of one of her friends.

      The familiar soft smile, her short curly hair barely being held back with an elastic band. Dorcas kept her hand of Petunia's arm, knowingly avoiding the scar, as it could sometimes be sensitive.

"Good morning."

      Petunia knew that she was being careful, not only with her words but with her movements. Dorcas was acting as if she was a glass doll, ready to break in any moment.

Marlene was too.

     The other, who was on Lily's side, was avoiding her usual nature — being gentle with Lily, who Petunia assumed actually fell asleep. The ginger didn't respond for a moment, her eyes staying closed in the process. The three knew she was now awake. Lily knew that they knew. But that didn't stop her from staying quiet, barely opening her eyes as she looked to everyone.

    She wasn't going to get up, she didn't want to. Even if she saw the baskets and the blankets, Lily felt as if it was too soon to forget about the words that were recently told to her.

she shook her head.

     "I appreciate you," Her voice was almost groggy as she spoke, "But I can't. Not right now."

Petunia silently agreed.

Though her feelings were scattered, barely understood by her — she knew this was too soon. They needed a break. They deserved one.

they wouldn't get one.

Because just as Lily said those words, just as Petunia thought similarly. Both were cut off by several clicks against their dorm window, immediately showing sight of four owls.

one for each of them.

At first, no one moved. It was too early for mail, too early for anything to arrive at this time. And even then, they got typically got it in the Great Hall, not their room specifically.

Marlene was the first to react.

Her body leaving Lily's bed, immediately heading direction of the window. Everyone watched curiously, seeing as the owls seemed urgent, even careful, with the letters.

Their wings would flutter with each of her steps, slightly leaning forward as they were ready to be let in. None seemed patient enough to go one at a time — which was soon proven as she opened the window, almost needing to duck as they rapidly flew in at once.

The letters were neatly tied to their claws, knotted expertly as if it was the most important piece of document to be held. And as the group of girls took hold of their letters, unrolling the stained parchment — they all held the same look of disbelief, eyeing the other momentarily.

"One last Order meeting?"

___
one more chapter till act 9 :)

edit: also after looking through my notifs i saw a message board comment and bc of my curiosity i looked at the book (and it seems to be underrated) hehehe.

balcony ginny weasley by sadiesecrxt

:)

P.EVANS + J.POTTER