7.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

*lets play christmas music during this*

<7.5>
happy eve of christmas

      THE SWIRL OF SNOW FLURRIED out onto the banks of the surrounded land. Petunia was half-awake, sitting on a small bench as her head laid against the cold window — her breath fogging it every time she breathed out.

       Her eyes sparkled as the reflection of snow took over. And as she couldn't see far, the white flakes taking over most of the sight, Petunia held the second necklace in her hand, nervously tapping her thumb against the gold jewelry.

     After her conversation with Mia, the blonde couldn't help but think of James and the necklace. She didn't know if he'd want it .. or even accept it, but she knew she wanted to give it to him.

    However, as her old memories swarmed in, remembering how she felt being turned down once before — Petunia didn't know if she could go through that again.

     The denial, her being hurt. Would he do that to her too? Would he be the type to wear a necklace?

     Sirius wore them. At least a silver chain that was hidden behind his clothes. Remus wore the ring, the one who matched her very own. James only had a small, raggedy bracelet on his wrist. And the only reason that was there, was because Peter had made it for him — charming it to never fall off.

she bit back her lip.

     Petunia laid the necklace in front of her, being overly careful as she placed it — not wanting it to become tangled. And instead, she laid back against the closest wall, her fingers now playing with her ring.

     She hadn't talked to Remus, Peter, Marlene or Dorcas since she'd gotten to the home. She hadn't ask how they were, nor did she write to them. They hadn't even crossed her mind. And Petunia felt guilty about it.

     Though, the guilt that formed only grew as she looked down to her ring, noticing the dark shade that glowed off of it. She didn't have to look twice to already know.

sadness.

      Petunia furrowed her brows at the sight, feeling concerned for her friend as she sat up. And without a second thought, she let her actions take over as she ran to her bags, digging into the smallest one.

     Clothes were thrown onto the bed, brushes and makeup onto the floor — her eyes swiftly moved to the books she had collected, finding the one that resembled the moon.

Petunia opened it.

     And when she found the page she was looking for, her finger trailed the moon cycle, seeing where it currently laid.

But it wasn't at full moon.

She sat back in defeat.

      Glancing in her bag again, thinking of what else she could do, Petunia, again, dug through her bag, being more gentle now as she grabbed parchment and ink.