4

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

<4>
lol crying

      THE ROUGH WEATHER DIMMED JUST enough for the wizards and witches to play out in the snow. And Petunia was placing on her own coat to join them, just before her father blocked the door — staring down at her.

      "Did your finish your chores?" He asked briskly, and Petunia cocked her head in response, glancing around the clean house.

       "What, did you want me to clean the toilets — make a four course meal?" She lightly joked, letting out a small laugh before quickly stopping.

Her dad didn't laugh.

       "Actually, yes," He answered her and Petunia's brows shot up in surprise. "The Dursley's will be coming in a few hours. You just need to clean the main one... And we will need food for tonight."

       "oh," Her voice grew soft and she peered back, watching as the group outdoors rolled in the snow, "okay."

She pulled off her coat.

And as Thomas watched as her frown deepened, he gently placed his hand on her shoulder, leading the girl to look back at him.

"Listen, I know you aren't used to having these people around," He spoke quietly, "I just don't want you to get your hopes up. These aren't your people- your friends — and they never will be," He stated casually.

it got quiet.

       Petunia felt heart drop at the words, and it was not because of what he said or who said it to her. But because the words were true.

they never will be.

Petunia's mouth opened slightly, trying to find the right words before she shut it. But then, she spoke, "Well who are my type of people?"

"People like the Dursleys, of course!" He acted as if it was obvious, "People like you... non-magical, not special—"

"Got it." She cut him off, "No need to further explain, I'll just go... clean the toilets then."

Thomas smiled at her words.

"Great!"

With the door locked, Petunia was sitting on the floor of the bathroom, letting tears stream down her face as her hand was held over her mouth — muffling the sobs that would occasionally escape.

       It had been around an hour since she had locked herself in there, but she didn't care. Petunia let her have this moment to herself — she let herself cry from the ache in her heart — the feeling of her father's words settling in.

        Her cleaning rag was now covered in dirt and dust, and the bathroom was fully clean. However, since Petunia was not feeling ready to see nor speak to anyone in the home, she continued her sitting position against the door — letting her eyes grow puffy from crying.

no one cared about her.

        Five minutes turned into ten minutes, and ten minutes turned to thirty. It was only when slight whispering and a firm knock was heard on the bathroom door that caused Petunia to sit up in panic.

      "One second!" She excused the individual as she pulled herself up from her spot. Petunia was quick to turn on the cold water, splashing her face and rubbing her eyes. And despite her hands now being wet, she still touched her hair, trying to correct the misplaced pieces.

and she opened the door.

         Lily, who was in a deep thought, barely noticed as Petunia opened the door. Though, as she tried to glide past her, Lily was quick to grab her arm, looking at her shortly.

And Petunia flinched at the contact, solely for the reason that Lily had grasped her scarred arm — the scar that she caused.

"are you okay?"

Petunia stared at her sister, wordlessly, while having her brows furrow deeply. She wasn't expecting that question.

"Sorry?" was all she could get out in response. Her voice cracked at the end of the word, but Lily didn't seem to notice.

"You've been in there for awhile," Her sister continued, nodding her head to the side, "stomach ache?"

"Oh." Petunia breathed out, and she almost felt relief at that moment. Lily didn't hear her crying, "Yes, a stomach ache," She lied back easily, "All better."

Lily only nodded in response, and Petunia felt awkward for a moment, not used to conversing with her sister. Though, as she went to step away once more, the ginger stopped her again — "Petunia?"

The sound of her name from her sister caused a slight feeling of hopefulness to flush on her face, and Petunia looked back at Lily, wondering why she would want to talk more. "Yes?"

Lily was quiet for a moment, opening her mouth to speak, but closing it once again. Petunia gave her a slight nod to continue, but Lily simply shook her head, "Dad is looking for you, by the way," She glanced back, "Something about food."

Petunia's face fell.

"Right."

P.EVANS + J.POTTER