6

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

double update because apparently im inspired today<3

<6>
bonding?

       PANDORA LESTRANGE WASN'T expecting to see Lily Evans in front of the Ravenclaw tower, cheeks stained with tears as quiet sobs escaped her lips. But when she did, the blonde was quick to pull her into a hug, her question being muffled into the ginger's shoulder as she asked it.

     And when the answer was given, though it was hard to understand through her cries, Pandora did not think twice as she led her into the tower, straight through any passing students.

     Lily followed helplessly, not struggling against the girls grip. And as she found herself being brought into Pandora's room, no one being present besides the two, she didn't hold back the worst of her tears — feeling as her back hit against the wall.

Lily was a mess.

And at the sight, Pandora had grabbed her blanket, immediately maneuvering it around the girl as she slowly slid down to the floor, her head being hidden behind her hands.

Lily tried to speak, she wanted to explain every detail that was told to her — not just the short summary. And Pandora was patient, keeping quiet as she placed a comforting hand on her knee, trying to get Lily to calm her breaths.

it eventually worked.

Lily looked to her.

And through the silence, a deep sigh could be heard.

"They were... ki—" Her voice cracked, causing a shaky breath to release quickly after. She paused a moment longer, not finding herself ready to admit it. "And... Dumbledore.." Lily started again, slower than before, "Thinks it was directed for.... Petunia."

The words were softly spoken, almost as if they'd break if she said them any faster. And as she looked to Pandora, trying to decipher the emotion that was planted on her face, she couldn't. Pandora only looked at her.

silence.

    "He suggested that we should collect our things in the next few weeks," She decided to continue, realizing that no response was going to be made, "After they... clean up."

"How is Petunia?"

      Lily was slightly startled by that question, though, she couldn't understand why. It may be for the fact that she had said something else and Pandora didn't seem to acknowledge it. But, again, she did mention Petunia being the target — obviously she'd be curious.

But the ginger only shrugged.

     She didn't speak to her, nor did Petunia to her. The two acted as if the other wasn't there, like it was only themselves receiving the news. Petunia still hadn't forgiven her and Lily knew that. Just like she knew, deep down, that this all traced back to her. The haunting visions, the bloody scar, the pain and loneliness, her parents death.

it all traced back to that one night.

because of that one spell.

a spell she didn't even know.

"I'm not sure."

     Lily hated saying those words. She hated hearing them as well. The ginger didn't have a clue how her sister felt, knowing that her friend had supposedly killed them — knowing that they were originally coming for her.

Lily bit back the quiver in her lip.

"She still hasn't forgiven you?"

It was like she read her mind.

      And although it was a question, it sounded more like a statement. Pandora only knew a small portion over what had happened between the twins — and even if she shouldn't, Lily was going to keep it that way. After how her friends had received the news, how they responded to it — they have never acted the same around her. She didn't want the same fate with Pandora.

      "She hasn't," Lily responded simply, bringing the blanket tighter around her shoulders. And as Pandora shifted in her spot, now sitting cross-legged in front of her, she frowned.

"Must've been a bad fight."

the worst.

Lily matched her frown.

     "I also suck at apologies," She lightly admitted, picking at the fabric to distract her, "And even then, what I did — an apology isn't enough. It would never be enough." Her eyes focused on the floor in front of her, "Words aren't going to do anything, at the end of the day — they're meaningless."

pandora only listened.

     And Lily stopped talking after she spoke, already feeling as if she said too much. She didn't want the girl to question her further, making her admit things that had happened. Lily still barely knows what happens.

it's all a blur to her.

     "Maybe you will be able to do something," Pandora suggested, letting her words linger in the quietness. "Not a verbal apology, not a sign with the word sorry written on it," She sarcastically continued, "But maybe.. just one day.. you can show her."

Lily doubted that.

     Because no matter how much she thought, no matter how many ideas flowed through her — nothing was ever enough. Nothing would ever be enough. But she still asked, despite Pandora not knowing even half of the situation.

"Any ideas?"

P.EVANS + J.POTTER