3.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

heyyy again:)

<3.5>
the potter manor

THE SMALL THUMP OF A BAG sounded against rocky gravel, letting a small puff of dirt fly into the winter wind. Petunia stared up at the house before her, not being used to such a sight.

it was like a mansion.

The scattered gray bricks and the expensive black siding — decorative rocks leading for a small passageway on the side of the house. Vines hung onto the home, adding a small amount of color to the gray bricks and matching white snow.

Petunia counted two, then three stories to James's home in front of her. And as if she was entranced by it, she took another step forward.

but then she stopped.

"What if they hate me?"

       The words left her lips without a thought, showing how much anxiety was lingering in her head. And despite her trying to stop her growing nerves, telling herself that this was all okay — she couldn't. Because the only household that Petunia had grown up in was toxic and unloving. The two people who were considered her parents grew to dislike their normal daughter. The one they couldn't trust with a secret, the one who they were too embarrassed to let outside.

This would be just like that.

     Petunia already could picture the meeting. She could see the two of them entering the nice home and she could see the disappointment that immediately would cross his parents face. 'i thought she was ginger?' they'd probably ask.

And when they find out who she is, what she stood for — they'd send her away. Would they really want their son with someone who would sneak away and do drugs? Someone who is used as a doll when finding her most horrid visions? Someone so broken?

"They'll absolutely love you."

she almost laughed.

But no sign of amusement painted James's face. He was serious and she knew that. Petunia looked back at him, her eyes finally leaving his home. A frown was evident on her face, trying to find any sense of a lie in James's words.

"How would you know," She started shortly, not meaning for her tone to be mock-like, "I wouldn't consider myself as a good influence."

James laughed that time.

"You.. not a good influence," He lightly smiled into his words, "Do you realize who you just said that to?"

She bit back her own smile.

"Petunia."

He used her real name.

"I hate to be the one to call myself out," He matched her previous step forward, barely grazing her shoulder with his hand as he turned her towards him, "Honestly thought Sirius would be the one to do it," he barely added in, "But they know a lot about you." James almost mumbled, causing her to tilt her head to the side.

"What?"

He paused.

"I write to them a lot," He tried, "And I tell them a lot, I'm... very close to them." His eyes flickered to his home. "And I tell them the important stuff."

She stayed quiet.

"You've been mentioned," He paused again, "quite a lot," he spoke quieter, "Since New Years."

"How much is a lot?"

"Every letter?" He questioned his own words, despite knowing they were true. "They know about your visions and your somehow extraordinary way to stay positive in any situation," He almost listed, "They know how you comforted me on the roof and how you got invited to stay at Hogwarts."

Petunia smiled at the memories.

And although she wanted to be nosey, to ask what they said in response — she held back.

James pulled her into a hug.

"They know I love you."

she swore she felt her breath hitch.

"I love—

"—STOP HOGGING HER!"

She was suddenly pulled into different arms.

Because the voice, belonging to Sirius Black himself, took both by surprise — leaving a gasp to escape her own lips as he hugged her tightly, sending a small wink to James.

"I thought you all were bloody late," He put his hands on her shoulders, slightly pushing her away, "Just to see you guys snogging in front of the house!"

Petunia felt her forehead crease in confusion.

"We were not snogging," James almost protested, "I was reassuring little Evans that everything would be okay."

"Is that what the kids call snogging now in days?" Sirius continued, his voice going higher as he spoke, "Back in my day—"

"We are the same age you bloody idiot."

"Well I wouldn't admit that too loud, yeah?" Sirius crossed his arms, squinting his eyes as he leaned towards James, "Is that a wrinkle?"

James looked offended.

And almost as if it was a reflex, James scoffed, mumbling, "Is that a gray hair?"

"What did you just say?"

"Nothing."

"You just said something
about my hair."

"I think you're hearing shit."

"What did he say, tuna?"

she suddenly didn't like the attention on her.

"Say what?"

"Just a few minutes ago."

"Where?"

"What? Right here?"

"When?"

"I'm talking to Tuna,
James."

"Who?"

"Who?"

P.EVANS + J.POTTER