5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

<5>
jealous, potter?

      PETUNIA KNEW SHE LOOKED LIKE a mess from cooking, but as her mother walked into the kitchen, gasping loud enough to gather the two's attention — the blonde thought she was being a little dramatic.

     "This won't do!" Isabel Evans stated rather loudly, and James stood still, glancing around the room before eyeing his hands.

      "I promise I washed them?" He spoke honestly, and if Petunia's mom wasn't currently in the room, Petunia probably would've laughed.

Isabel, however, did not.

        Instead, Mrs Evans sighed at the boy, before shaking her head at her daughter, "Not you, dear-" She started to say, but was quickly cut off by a snort leaving the boy's lips.

The two girls looked at him confused.

"Apologies, continue."

And so she did. Isabel Evans paced to her youngest daughter and pulled out the loose braid, letting the smooth curls fall down to her waist. "You need to clean yourself up," She whispered, again, quite loudly, "Vernon will be here soon and you need to make a good impression."

Petunia's face turned sour at the name.

James still stood confused.

"She looks... fine?" He spoke unconvincingly, and this time Mrs Evans did laugh — patting the boy on the shoulder, "Not fine enough.. For Vernon's taste at least."

The blonde quietly scoffed.

"Please—" Petunia spoke next, "The only taste Vernon has is with the food on his plate."

"Petunia!"

James's laughter drowned out Isabel's voice, and Petunia's sour expression softened at the sound — almost feeling proud of herself for making him laugh.

Though, an annoyed look appeared right after, since James decided to mumble a, "You just get better and better, Tuna—" before leaving the room, seemingly spotting Lily.

stupid fish.

When Petunia entered her room to change, her eyes stayed merely focused on her closet, already looking for an outfit to wear. And because of this, her brightly glowing ring, which still sat on her book, was completely ignored by the girl.

Until she turned, of course.

With a soft sweater in her hand, Petunia rushed to her Christmas present, seeing as the bright blue was no longer there. Instead, it now glowed a sunny yellow — something she was unfamiliar with.

And because of this unfamiliarity, Petunia was quick to throw her sweater on her bed, letting her curiosity take over as she already started searching for the ring's instructions.

     Her hands pushed the book rather harshly to the side before throwing her drawer open, looking for the small box her ring came in. And as her eyes scanned every miscellaneous object, she finally found it.

    Petunia ripped the lid off of the box and threw it to the side, grasping the black piece of parchment as she tried to read the crinkled words.

Though, her brows furrowed at the sight.

yellow meant hurt.

She read it back again, fully in disbelief.

she wasn't hurt?.. to her knowledge.

"Absolute rubbish," She whispered to herself, placing the ring back down, "The only pain I have coming is Vernon Dursley," She continued to quietly mumble, now bringing her focus back onto her clothing.

And speaking of him—
      Someone knocked on the front door.

The sight of Vernon Dursley made Petunia want to puke. She didn't know if it was his greased back hair, his choice in sweater vests, or if it was just... everything — but Petunia was absolutely disgusted once the small family was welcomed in.

      The three boys, who were gathered in the back, quietly snickered at the sight of Petunia's face — and soon enough, a loud laugh escaped Sirius's mouth, especially once Vernon wrapped his arms around the girl.

Petunia's face grew brightly red and she did not return the hug, but rather pushed her hands against his chest until he decided to let go.

And even that took a minute to happen.

Because as the feeling of Vernon's clammy hands continued to rest against her curly hair, Petunia shuddered in disgust — glaring at the laughing boys before her.

Besides Peter..who's focus was now on the food.

It was only as Lily came to introduce herself once Vernon let go — and Petunia was surprised to see the boy become flustered at the sight of the red head. And Petunia wasn't the only one who caught this, because soon enough, James rushed into the conversation — introducing himself as Lily's boyfriend.

which she denied rather quickly.

And as the three continued in conversation, the blonde slowly stepped back in small paces, trying to successfully leave the group at once.

Which she did, with the help of Dorcas.

___
kinda an awkward chapter...? so sorry.
P.EVANS + J.POTTER