1

P.POTTER + J.POTTER

october 31st, 1981

<1>

PETUNIA POTTER GENTLY laughed as James Potter twirled her through the tight-spaced living room — making up a song as he pulled her close to him. It was roughly 8AM, the rise of the sun just beginning, indicating that a new day was about to start. The pink hues of the sunrise had snuck its way through their windows, shining on the couple as they smiled to one another.

Petunia was no doubt still half asleep from the early morning, especially since Harry had woken her up just a few hours prior. But she pretended not to be, purely enjoying the time she had with James.

"You'll have to head to work soon," She warmly smiled to him, peppering a few kisses on his face as she pulled him out of the living room. "You can't be late again," She lightly added in after seeing the look on his face, keeping her expression genuine.

"I could call in sick?" He suggested, watching as she pulled his jacket off a hanger, handing it to him soon after. "They would never know."

"I could name several times you've said that" She quirked her brow, zipping up his jacket once it was on. "And it ended up not being true."

James bit back his smile as he looked down at the girl, watching as she sent him a challenging look back — and the two ended up falling into another quiet laugh as she carelessly pushed him away with her hand.

Though, James had caught her lingering hand, pulling her back to him swiftly after — placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

She smiled at the gesture.

     "Now James," She barely pulled away to look up at him, keeping the same smile as before decorated on her face. "Remember," she mused lightly. "Be safe at work." She reminded, again, pressing a kiss to his lips. "And.." She stopped her words, pulling away from the boy before  running to the kitchen.

James watched her retreating figure, slightly amused by her random actions — and saw as she grabbed a small bag from the counter, running back to him quickly.

"Drop these off to Remus on your way." She said knowingly, "It's full moon tonight."

"I can do that," He nodded into his words, taking the bag from her hands, "Anything else?"

Petunia bit back her lip, deep in thought as her mind wondered to anything she was forgetting. But after a moment, the girl finally shook her head, replying, "Not that I know of," as she kept a ginger smile on her face.

James nodded to her, grabbing his wand with the same hand that held Remus' chocolate. And Petunia soon felt as he connected his other hand with her own, pulling her outdoors with him.

"Remember what I said?"

"Be safe," He repeated back, mocking her high-pitched tone before feeling a pitied smack against his chest. "And drop these lovely treats off to our furry friend."

Petunia blinked.

And right after, she dramatically gasped as his word's registered in her head, making a look of shock reach her face as she spoke, "You've listened!" which she soon followed, "I'm so proud!"