12

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

hi sorry for the latest chapter update EVER🫠

<12>
remus and friends

AN INTENSE GAME OF MONOPOLY was scattered around the dining table as Marlene, Dorcas, Peter and James played. Money was sprawled out, houses and buildings were fallen onto the floor — and Marlene was continuously scolding the two boys as they knocked over the card deck again.

      Petunia and Sirius were the only ones not participating in the game, which earned a response of boo's from their friends. Though, they didn't seem to mind. The two were too occupied staring out the front window, slightly pushing the other as they couldn't see through it as they waited for Remus' arrival.

      "Has your head gotten bigger since the last time I saw you?" Sirius murmured as he dramatically pushed her head away from the window. That soon was responded with a muffled huff, and then a gentle elbow to his rib.

       "If you stopped using so much hairspray," The girl retorted, "then we could both see out of the bloody window."

        The two's bickering was rather quiet, especially compared to the group playing monopoly in just a room over. But somehow, they had still heard them, and due to that — Peter watched in confusion.

        "Are you lot stupid?" He asked rather abruptly, earning the eyes of almost everyone. Sirius and Petunia took a moment to realize he was talking to them. "There is literally a window right there," He pointed towards, what was in fact, another window.

        Petunia was first to look before eyeing Sirius, nodding for him to move over. But as he briefly looked at the other spot, he followed her actions, waiting for her to move.

"I was here first."

"I was here second."

         "And that also means last," Petunia pointed out, letting a small, winning smile reach her face. Though, as Sirius stood still in his spot, her smile faltered. "You're going to be like that?"

Sirius only smiled.

And she stood for a moment.

"I hope your breath fogs the window," She stated shortly, barely hearing his laugh as she went to the next one.

She spared a glance to the window.

Still no sight of Remus.

She sent a quick look to her ring.

    The same ring she had subconsciously twisted around her finger since that night. Remus had never written her back from that one night — when her ring told her something was wrong. But it had changed in color since then, showing slight indication that he was doing at least a little better.

Petunia didn't mind that he hadn't responded to her. He didn't need to, her letter to him wasn't written with the expectation that he would. She didn't know what was wrong, she was scared to ask. Because it wasn't a full moon, nor was it close to being one — so the blonde easily pushed that reasoning to aside. However, she couldn't do the same with the secret he had told her previously.

His mother.

She didn't know if that was the reasoning. She wouldn't know if that was the reasoning. Petunia knew it would be inappropriate to ask. But she still assumed.

And she wanted to make sure he was okay.

Petunia took her eyes away from the dimly glowing ring, back to the outside of the home. And due to the small flurry of snow, it was making it unusually bright outside, leading her to squint as her vision blurred against the sunlight.

Petunia blinked once and then again.

And as her eyes finally adjusted, the blonde finally saw movement hit the corner of her eye.

Remus.

  But then she froze, seeing three added individuals with him.

He was the first to stick out to her, his tall body hovering over the rest. And even from the distance he looked tired, the bags under his eyes matching the dark brown beanie that laid against his head.

Lily was next, her bright ginger hair almost shining against the glistening snow fall, that was easily covering the ground. Petunia could see her smiling, but even so, it didn't seem as genuine as it usually was.

The next sight was rather a shock for both her and Sirius. Especially as the shorter, curly haired boy was awkwardly walking behind the group. Regulus Black seemed so out of place, almost looking invisible as he followed behind them. He hadn't looked up from the ground, seemingly staring at his feet like he would trip any moment.

Then there was a girl.

Blonde hair, lighter than Petunia's. It was wavy, falling all the way down her waist as it blew threw the winter wind. Her clothes were colorful, sticking out sorely from the white scenery.

Petunia saw her hand connected with Lily's, slightly swaying their arms as they walked. The girl was almost skipping in step — blossoming at the sight of the home.

And Petunia stared at her. She studied her, carefully. Because despite never meeting the girl, never talking to her, Petunia had a sense of familiarity as she watched her.

But she couldn't find a reason why.

She finally looked to Sirius.

The boy had been unusually quiet for the first time that morning — staring out the window at the small group. Petunia didn't have to ask what he was thinking in that moment, how he was feeling. She already knew.

He was surprised.

And despite being in his night-clothes, his feet bared having no protection from the cold, Sirius pushed himself away from the wall — straight toward the door.

Straight towards Regulus.

___
ew oh my gosh i literally hate this chapter. i'm so sorry. no matter what i wrote i was not happy with it lol. so awkward, EW. i might go back and fix it... my motivation tonight was just not IT, im so sorry ily all. i promise the chapters will be... better :,)
P.EVANS + J.POTTER