1

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

trigger warning - drug use

<1>
holy jolly season

        WHEN LILY EVANS ARRIVED AT the household, she did not spare a glance at her sister. And Petunia, who was wiping the counters of the kitchen clean, held her breath as her sister walked by — only releasing it once the red head closed her bedroom door.

       The parents of the two girls simply gushed over Lily's arrival and Petunia ignored their kind words, already having enough of hearing about her dear sister.

      Like always, Lily went to her room, grabbed her parchment, and headed into the living room to excitedly write to her friends. And like always, Petunia took the longer route to get to her room, avoiding Lily as if she were the plague.

     The only time the twins would be in contact is during family dinners. As Petunia was pulled from the safety of her room and into the dining room during that time. She would be forced to make the table as Lily would bring the food from the kitchen, and occasionally a glance would be shared. But nonetheless, the two sisters never spared anything more.

    However, since it was only three, Petunia wouldn't have to worry about the dinner just yet. And instead found herself locked in her bedroom, looking for the small stash she had hidden in her drawers.

    Because of the incident with Vernon Dursley, who would sadly be joining them the day after Christmas, Petunia stopped escaping her room at night. So, instead, her friends took it upon themselves to come to her.

with drugs, of course.

     Petunia didn't necessarily mind the guests she'd hide in her room, however, the smell of weed and alcohol was beginning to linger. And with the anxiety she felt of her parents finding out, the small group decided to experiment with things that weren't necessarily... smelly.

and that's when they discovered it.

The drug was rather small, but very effective. Petunia didn't actually know what it was called since Henry told her after she had already taken it — leading her memory to be quite fuzzy.

It was as thin as paper and dissolved like cotton candy. It held no flavor, which Petunia preferred. And all she had to do was place it under her tongue and relax, fully giving herself to the drug.

Then, when it fully settles in, dissolving into nothingness, Petunia's mind would wonder to anything and everything. And most of the time, if she was lucky, everything would stay positive and happy for the girl. Though, on a few other occasions, the young girl would see only darkness and negativity in her sight.

It was like a horrid nightmare that she was truly living — something similar to her own life.

     And as Petunia finally settled the drug underneath her tongue, already feeling it slowly dissolve, she sat against her bed — closing her eyes.

she waited for the effects to start.

and a moment later - they did.

        Because Petunia's breaths grew deeper and her body began to lightly tremble. The blue in her eyes, that were still covered by her lids, surrendered to the black as they slowly dilated, leaving both a red and yellow tint around the horizon of them.

And the drug took over.

And as always, it started dark.

Until she opened her eyes.

      There was a man she could see and she always described him as snake-like, since she's seen him many times before. His nose was rather narrow with two slits as his nostrils. His skin was pale. More so than usual.

      Petunia never heard him speak when she was like this. Though, she thought if she did, it wouldn't be a pleasant noise. Nothing about this man felt pleasant to her. He felt dark. This snake-like man made her feel like every ounce of happiness she had left, fully vanished.

He would smile her.

      Not a happy smile. Not the smile that Petunia used to wear on her face every day. Not even a fake smile. Something Petunia carried for the past few years. No. A haunted smile. A smile that radiated destruction, a look that Petunia was unfamiliar with.

     Because deep down, no matter how much she had been through and how much she fights with herself, the old Petunia was still there. The Petunia who would make people laugh. The Petunia who would become friends with strangers and give her life to making others happy.

     The man in front of Petunia Evans was the exact opposite of the girl. And she always wondered why he would visit her mind. Why he would always find her when she was at her lowest point. When her mind was at its weakest.

    To her, he was just the man that haunted her thoughts. He wasn't real — to her.

P.EVANS + J.POTTER