14.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

last chapter for this ACT

<14.5>
seeing it all

PETUNIA GASPED IN PAIN as the letter between her fingers crackled with a firey-heat, burning her immediately. And she watched, not purposefully, as the letter crisped into a black powder — disappearing right before both her and James' eye.

      Any evidence of what she had just read vanished completely in a matter of seconds. But, she didn't need the proof — nor did James, they both saw what it said — they both saw the meaning of it.

they didn't need that reminder.

      Petunia's fingertips layered a harsh pink as the burning-charm still took affect on her fingers, keeping the warm feeling buzzing through. Though, the girl simply ignored that feeling, especially as a new piercing pain in her temples had formed — overpowering the burning sensation.

      It was familiar, similar to the one she had just a few nights ago, and Petunia knew what it was — despite not being able to gather her thoughts as another dizzy wave formed around her.

       Her eyes felt heavy, along with her head. A mixture of darkness and unfamiliar pictures took place over her original memories — giving a stronger sense of realization that her seer-like abilities were beginning to ignite.

      Petunia scrunched her nose and squinted her eyes as she held back the forming tears. And at this point, she knew James could tell something was wrong — she could feel his gentle touch on her leg, the feeling of his thumb gliding in a small circle.

However, it still felt distant.

     She heard her name being called, once, twice, a third time — maybe even a forth. It was merely an echo, but everytime it repeated, the further away it had gotten.

     The voice wasn't recognizable, however she assumed it was James. Though, as she couldn't make out what the room looked like anymore, Petunia honestly didn't know if anyone else had entered since she'd gone into this state.

She felt her mouth open, or so she thought. Petunia tried to speak, feeling a small ounce of breath fall out of her non-moving lips. Not a single word could escape — Petunia couldn't tell him she was alright, even if she wasn't.

      She felt suffocated, like something was laying on top of her, refusing to release her from the hold it had. Though, like before, her scar didn't burn nor did she see the sight of a silhouette. He wasn't there to ask anything from her — this was her own vision.

James had knelt in front of the girl, grasping her shoulders as he repeated her name, earning no response at all. He could feel Petunia trembling under his touch and he could see her eyes clouded over — making her blue eyes even lighter.

The boy had checked her scar, seeing if it was being messed with in any way — but as no blood or puss seeped from the healing wound, he took no time to bring his attention back to her.

"Love?" He spoke again, quietly, not sure if he would want to alert the others just yet.

Petunia's mouth opened wider like she was going to respond, to give him an ounce of reassurance that she wasn't hurt at all. But nothing came out other than a ragged cough.

Her eyes closed for a split second, almost as if she was trying to blink away the blockage in her eyes — though, it didn't work, and instead caused James to rub away the tear that came out instead.

"Be alright," He tried again, hopelessly looking to her as he now had his hands graced onto her warm cheeks — "Please, be alright," He then said to himself, biting back his lip, "Please."

Petunia could not hear nor see him. She could not point out where her surroundings were, the blonde could not even tell you what room she was in. She felt a sense of whiplash as new sights, voices, and feelings pierced her mind.

She wanted to cry out, to stop the abundance of emotions from overfilling her ripping mind. Petunia wanted to say no, that she wasn't ready for another vision so soon, that she would rather be in the comfort of James' arms. But she couldn't talk, think, express how she felt. It was an internal battle that, out of James' luck, was showing externally too.

Petunia didn't know that she had managed to reach for his hand, despite her current state. She hadn't even realized she fell forward — being caught by the boy easily. She couldn't feel as he tucked in her hair behind her ears — she didn't feel the lingering kiss on her forehead, nor did she feel the tears of not hers, but James' trailing down her face.

The blonde hadn't even realized she'd grabbed the wand that was still sat on the beside table — gripping it so harshly that her hand had turned white.

Petunia, with her voice both wavering and crackling from the dryness that took over, couldn't even hear herself say,

seerensapa.

her eyes rolled to the back of her head

and the visions had begun

starting from the very beginning

P.EVANS + J.POTTER