5.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

<5.5>
final letter

      IT WAS A TOTAL OF TWO HOURS that Petunia not only spoke to James, but also Sirius. And although she was enjoying it, planning on talking to the two all night, her head began to throb — making her instantly realize what was coming next.

     And before they could respond to her previous comment, Petunia was quick to bid them goodnight, ending the call.

The silhouette appeared right after.

    And as she stared down the shadowed figure, Petunia rolled her eyes, angrily pointing at it. "No," She scolded, trying her best to sound intimidating, "Not tonight, it's my birthday!" She complained, trying to hide the wince from her headache.

   Though, like she expected, it ignored her — taking another step towards her.

She let out a huff.

     "Do you have any manners," She spoke, despite its proceeding steps, "Because I can surely teach you some—" She tried to continue, but as it harshly grabbed her burning scar, shoving her hard against the wall, her words cut off.

And Petunia finally saw his face.

he was the man from her dreams.

"Enough!" He hissed. And he lightly smiled right after, hearing the pained quiver in her breath. "Do you know who I am? Do you know what I stand for?" He asked.

But he didn't let her answer.

"I am Lord Voldemort."

Petunia stared at him.

She had not shown fear, she was not scared. But she was in pain. And as his boney fingers dug into her scar, Petunia could feel the warm trickle of blood drip down her arm, right off the tips of her fingers.

She pretended not to notice.

     "Well," She matched his tone, almost not recognizing herself as she spoke, "Lord Voldemort," Petunia mocked out, "I simply don't give a fuck who you are," She spoke venomously, hiding any ounce of pain in her voice.

    Though, her words didn't hurt him, but rather amused him. The man in front of her laughed in her face, mocking her words silently. And Petunia squirmed, hating the idea of being so close to him.

She was beyond uncomfortable.

And he smiled at that.

Petunia hated his smile.
She thought it was ugly.

"Show me the end."

And no matter how hard she fought it, the familiar darkness soon caved in — making her body go limp.

The sight was unfamiliar.

It was a baby room.

Or, at least, she thought.

Because Petunia's vision, for the first time, was blurry. The room was blurry, the decorations, the people. She couldn't see where she was, who was in front of her, or what they were doing there.

The only thing that really stuck out to Petunia was the sound of a baby, crying louder than the other two people in the room.

It's screams were deafening, its cries were muffled — she could almost picture the sight. And by the sounds of the other two's voices, Petunia could tell they were fighting.

No wonder the baby was crying.

Voldemort, who was right behind her, was clearly annoyed at the sight — especially since he couldn't see much through the blurry vision.

And Petunia almost smiled at that. Right before he placed his hands on either side of her head, causing a seething pain to appear.

"Focus," He instructed, keeping her head forward. But as nothing changed, no matter how long they stood there, Voldemort pushed her head away — now pacing behind her.

"Weak." He spoke quietly, "Can't even handle a simple vision."

Petunia ignored his words.

"I'll have to try again tomorrow," His voice began to trail, and again, she ignored him, just wanting it to be over with. "Tomorrow," He repeated, smoothly making his way back to the blonde, gripping her face aggressively.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

And just like that, her eyes opened again.

On the floor, blood now staining the floor and letters around her, Petunia groggily sat up — feeling her head grow dizzy from the fall. And as she laid it back against the wall, resting her eyes for just a moment longer, Petunia pushed out her hand — proudly pointing out her middle finger.

"Fuck you, Volde— whatever" She mumbled, already forgetting the name. And as her hand fell back to her side, plopping onto the floor — she was surprised to feel the thickness of an envelope hit her palm.

She looked down, reading the name clearly.

Hogwarts School of
Witchcraft and Wizardry

Albus Dumbledore

P.EVANS + J.POTTER