3.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

<3.5>
company

EACH WINDOW IN THE EVANS HOME was frosted over, and the snow, that was quickly coming down, covered every inch of the ground.

The three witches, who had stayed up all night, were tiredly sleeping in Lily's bedroom. And Petunia, on the other hand, was alone in the living room — sipping a hot cup of tea as she stared off mindlessly into space.

As she was the only one awake, no other sound could be heard. The harsh weather made it almost impossible to drive in and it was far too cold for anyone to be playing outdoors.

So, when bickering could be heard and then a muffled gasp, Petunia was taken away from her thoughts and her eyes glanced at her door.

To her surprise, three shadows could be seen through her frosted window. Though, no knock sounded.

And so, despite her slight anxiety, Petunia followed closely to the sound of bickering — only waiting a moment before opening the door.

Her eyes widened.

One boy, with long black hair, pushed a boy with glasses — and another boy, who was a few steps behind, shivered immensely as he had a pile of smashed snow on top of his head.

"Excuse me?"

Her words were drowned out by the bickering boys — and she was about to clap towards them, right before the smallest boy gently tapped the others on the shoulder, pointing in her direction.

They now looked at her.

The boy with the longest hair eye'd her confusedly, glancing down and up at her before, again, smacking the one with glasses while mumbling, "You've got the wrong address!"

Then, following pursuit, the boy with glasses dramatically threw a hand on his forehead as he mumbled an ow.

     Petunia watched them curiously, before clearing her throat, "Who are you guys?"

     "Actually, who are you?" The one, who had been repeatedly hit, countered, "This is supposed to be the Evans residence."

      The girl blankly stared at him in response, before looking at the other two, "Well, yeah, it is." She answered shortly.

     "Did you dye your hair?" The one with long hair questioned, "I know it's been a few days, just didn't expect you to go blonde, Lily?"

"But you still look great.. lily flower!"

With the name, it clicked.

      "Ah, the magical boys," Petunia stated almost spitefully, though, she kept the smile on her face, "Weren't you supposed to be here this evening?"

"We got a bit excit—"

      "Excuse me," The boy in the back squeaked, "Mind if we take this conversation inside? It's bloody freezing."

      As genuine as it could be, Petunia smiled at the smallest boy, scooting to the side to let the trio in, "Wipe your feet on the rug, please."

It didn't take long for the witches to wake up, and once they did — they were all surprised to see their friends sitting in the kitchen, snacking on the food Petunia laid out for them.

Both Dorcas and Marlene held huge smiles on their face, bringing each boy into a welcoming hug as they saw them. And Lily had done the same, until she got to the boy Petunia learned to be James.

Holding a smug grin on his face, the boy held his arms out wide, waiting for an embrace by the ginger. Though, instead, Lily simply scoffed and made her way past him — straight to the fridge.

"When will Remus be getting here?" She asked casually, ignoring the hurt look on James's face.

Though Petunia was rather confused by the girl's action, it didn't take long for her to figure it out. Especially as he had said the name Lily flower just an hour previously.

The same name Lily was complaining about just two nights before.

He was the boy.

"He'll be here tomorrow," Sirius answered briefly, keeping his eyes on Petunia.

Since the boys had been here, Sirius had kept his eyes on the girl. And even when Petunia would stare back, the boy did not shy away — seemingly trying to study her, figure her out...

"Who are you?" He stated abruptly, "You never answered that question."

Petunia let out a small breath as she looked back at him, taking a small sip of her water, "I'm Petunia," She spoke quietly.

James was the next to look at her, then back at Lily, and then to her again. "Are you guys related?"

For the second time that day, Petunia stared blankly at the boy and Lily simply ignored him. It was as if the question wouldn't be answered — right until Marlene's loud laugh erupted into the kitchen, and her hand slapped down on the counter.

"They are sisters you fool," She said through her laughs, and even Dorcas started to smile at the girls response.

"Isn't it obvious," Dorcas spoke next, glancing at the sisters, "They are twins after all."

Sirius choked on his drink.

       "You're telling me," He spoke loudly, "there's another one!"

         Petunia stayed quiet as she watched it all unfold, and even James looked surprised, now staring at the two of them hard.

It seemed to click in his own mind.

"This is a turn of events."

Dorcas rolled her eyes at the boy, but kept the small smile on her face, silently laughing at the group.

"How come we didn't know you existed?" Peter spoke quietly, seeming to hate the attention now on him, "Sorry, that might've sounded rude."

Though, she only shrugged in response before sharing a look with Lily, "I'm not the one you should ask."

P.EVANS + J.POTTER