1

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

<1>
doth mother know you weareth her drapes?
-tony stark

A SICK AND BEATEN LOOKING Remus Lupin sat in the small living room, smiling brightly at his friends. Currently, Marlene and Sirius were animatedly telling a story, pausing every few seconds to argue.

"That was not what happened!" Marlene scoffed loudly towards him, and Sirius let out an amused laugh. "Yes. it. is." He retorted, pushing back his thick hair, "You were all over me in the broom closet!"

Marlene gasped.

"Oh, please." she continued right after, "We hooked up once, and the only thing it taught me was how gay I truly was!"

James snorted.

Sirius's mouth gaped.

And Petunia heard this all from her bedroom.

After Remus's arrival, Lily asked if Petunia could go to her room, as she wanted it to just be her and her group of friends. And although no one heard it, the small girl did receive a few curious looks once she stepped away from them — silently heading to her bedroom.

remus was one of them.

And as she sat in her room, playing quiet jazz on her record player, Petunia messed with the glowing ring — twirling it around her fingertips.

The yellow continued to shine lightly, though, it wasn't as bright as before — and Petunia still simply wondered, why was it yellow, why did it say she was hurt, and her final question being — how did it even know, she wasn't even wearing it?

And again, the blonde placed the fitted ring on her finger, slightly twisting it as the color stayed the same — and she went back to the black parchment, rereading each word carefully.

yellow meant hurt.

But Petunia wasn't hurt.
If anything, she was annoyed — curious even.

But not hurt.

      With not much she could do, the blonde lazily let her hand fall back against her bed — her fingers gently drumming against her unmade sheets. And as the music chorused, her fingers following the musical pattern — thudding sounded beside her.

And she jumped.

someone knocked on her window.

Petunia was quick to get up, as the knocking continued to get louder with each thud. And as she flung open her curtains, peaking between the blinds — a small smile formed.

"Hello, friends," She whispered quietly, pushing open her window, "What do I owe the pleasure?"

     Oliver and Henry, but no Amber, matched her smile — holding up a small bag. Petunia raised her eyebrows.

"We've cometh, dearest Petunia," Henry started, "To deliver..ith you, uh—"

"Weed," Oliver finished bluntly, glaring at his friend, "He's high," he added in quickly, watching as Petunia nodded in response.

"How'd you know I was out?" She mumbled back, gently taking the bag from his hand. And Oliver smiled, cocking his head. "Oh, come on, it's been a minute — I'm sure you ran out weeks ago."

And though that wasn't the truth, Petunia nodded at his words, acting as if it was. "And where's the third one of you?" She questioned shortly, noticing the missing girl.

"Oh!" Henry started quickly, his red eyes squinting back at her, "Gossip. Are you ready for this?"

Petunia smiled encouragingly to him.

"She's met someone!" He spoke loudly, and Petunia had to put a finger over her lips to quiet him.

"Really now?"

"He's an absolute troll," Oliver added in, "Not good for her.. abusive." He mumbled shortly, "But she won't listen to us. Thinks we are jealous over him—"

"-He's older too," Henry added in.

"By a lot?" Petunia asked back, placing her arms on the window seal, her head resting on them soon after.

"Few years," Oliver shrugged, "Enough for Amber to consider him a 'man'" He grudged out, "She doesn't come by much anymore— says he has good stuff, better than we do."

"I'm sorry."

"No worries," Henry shortly smiled, "She'll come back to us eventually!"

Petunia nodded in thought, glancing back at the bag of weed, "What do I owe you?"

"How about a visit?"

Petunia stared up at him.

"Come by," Oliver rephrased, "Back to our usual spot, once this lot leaves your house when the holidays are over. Deal?"

The blonde placed her finger against her lips, gently tapping as she pretended to be deep in thought, "I don't know, I'm so busy," She sarcastically stated.

"Right?" Oliver played along, "How could you ever have time for such outcasts?"

A confused Henry seemed offended by that.

Petunia let out a quiet laugh.

"I'll see you after the holidays, boys."

i know, super boring!! i'm sorry:(
juicy stuff will happen soon — especially on new years!!
P.EVANS + J.POTTER