13

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

I GOT LOGGED OUT FOR SOME REASON AND APPARENTLY IDK MY PASSWORD

but i got back in omg ... hi i missed u

<13>
just like old times

AN UNFAMILIAR TUNE RHYTHM'D throughout the home as the unlikely group joked in the living room.

Petunia was back by James' side, leaning into him out of comfort as she patted the free seat next to her — trying to gain Remus' attention. However, due to the fact he was fully occupied by Sirius, who had his arm tightly around the boy, Petunia looked to Regulus next, giving him an inviting smile.

Regulus did take a moment to respond to her gentle pats on the seat. But as he looked around him, seeing how Sirius was now engrossed with Remus and Pandora with Lily and Marlene, he opted to come forward, matching her small smile.

"hi," Petunia greeted softly, moving her hand so he could take a seat, "I'm glad to see you here."

The words soaked into him as she spoke them. And despite never truly hearing a sentence like it, especially towards him, he knew she wasn't lying. She was glad to see him. And he with her.

"If we are being honest," He matched her soft tone, "Me too," Regulus said sincerely, again, looking towards Sirius.

petunia recalled the bearhug they had just shared.

"Did it take much convincing?" She asked next, bringing her eyes back to him. Though, as he looked at her confused, she bit back her lip, rephrasing her question. "I mean, how did you get your parents to say yes.. y'know, to leave and come here."

Regulus stared at her for a moment.

And as his brain racked for an excuse, something he could say that wasn't ultimately the truth — he couldn't lie to her. But it wasn't the time to tell her the truth. Not with everyone around, at least.

"I lied to them," He said shortly. Though, he didn't want to come across as rude, so he added a smile when he said it. "Not a big lie, just something that I know..." his words trailed shortly, "that I know," Regulus repeated again, pulling his eyes away from her, "that would convince them to let me come."

Petunia cocked her head at his words, leaning more into a distracted James' side as she tried to nod into the words Regulus had said, acting as if she understood.

But she didn't.

"What was the lie?"

Regulus shifted uncomfortably.

And Petunia regretted her question as soon as she saw it, immediately cursing to herself before trying to take it back. "Not like it... matters," She said awkwardly, forcing out a laugh just as quickly, "Because it totally doesn't."

"No, it doesn't," Regulus almost whispered in response. And as he finally looked back to her, he glanced away for a brief second before looking back to her — leaning in shortly. "But i'll tell you," Again, he looked in the same direction, briefly, "Just not here. Or now."

It again went quiet between the two, lingering with a sense of understanding as the words settled in. And Petunia nodded slowly, squinting her eyes as she looked to him. "Tonight?"

"Tonight."

...

The chilled air pierced Petunia's skin as she stood outside of the Potter home. Her cheeks were burning pink, her lips were dried to crisp. Her breaths, which were short, caused small white puffs to escape every other second.

Snow was tangled into her hair, slightly damping the blonde strands into a light brown. Her jacket was far too thin for the current weather, but she didn't mind in that moment — already accepting the winter feeling.

Petunia was leaning on a small, skinny rail that was decorated on the outside of the house — being fully content for the moment she was alone.

But as the sound of a crunch followed by another appeared behind her, the girl opened her once closed eyes, looking back to find Remus slowly approaching her.

"Hi Remmy," Her voice cracked in greeting, slightly shivering from the weather, "Merry late Christmas."

"Happy early New Years Eve," He sarcastically greeted back, keeping his steps short as he was scared to slip on ice, "You always decide to wander outside alone?"

"I'm not wondering," She emphasized his wording, "I simply took a few steps towards this lovely railing," She motioned to it, "And leaned against it."

"While it's bloody freezing outside?" He quirked his brow in response, "You're shivering."

"I always..." She awkwardly tapped her finger against the cold metal, ".. shiver."

"Sirius's stubbornness has clearly wiped off on you," he retorted, crossing his arms for warmth.

"I've always been stubborn," She smiled, looking at him for a moment — contemplating her next words carefully. "And it's not like you... dislike Sirius's stubbornness."

Remus's cheeks grew pinker.

And he awkwardly laughed.

"What?"

"I'm sure I could name
more stuff you like about
Sirius."

Remus began to stutter.

"I suddenly can't hear you."

"Right," Petunia's smile widened, though, she felt it drop as she watched him scoop up a handful of snow. "Remus..."

"It's so funny," He let his voice rise, taking his free hand and pointing it to his ear, "It's like.. I can see your lips moving but I can't.."

"Remus.." Petunia held back her laugh, holding her hand up in defense as the first snowball flew her way. "I was just teasing!"

"What was that?" He played off, again, grabbing another handful of snow.

And as another ball of snow flew in her direction, the girl squealed as she went to avoid it — causing her to slip onto the ground before her.

the only thing louder than the thump was Remus's laughs.

"I very much dislike you."

__
can't wait till we get to the part where p.evans+j.potter changes to p.potter+j.potter.... right guys ;)
P.EVANS + J.POTTER