1.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

<1.5>
events at dinner

       PASSED OUT FROM DRUGS, Petunia was awoken from a banging on her door, along with yelling about dinner.

     The blonde was still in a haze as she woke up, the effect of drugs still playing with her mind. And her eyes, that still held more black than blue, were slightly squinted from the light at her window.

     Petunia slowly scooted herself off her now clean bed, while using a hand to block the sunlight that hit her sensitive eyes. And as if it was routine, Petunia went to her mirror and tapped her hands against her face — trying to rid the drug-felt state she was in.

     Her temples were still becoming sore with pressure, but as the girl was already use to that feeling, she simply ignored it and began her way to her family.

or try to, at least.

     Occasionally, Petunia would stumble over her feet as she could not walk straight, though, neither one of her parents nor Lily noticed this slight detail. Instead, the family was already placed around the dining table, eating away at fresh salads and bread.

     Petunia joined the group, though she didn't think they noticed. Especially as they continued their gossip and chatter, laughing loudly whenever Lily would make a small joke.

     The youngest girl was not paying attention to their conversation, but instead used her fork to play with the lettuce on her plate. However, once Lily's cheerful tone turned into annoyance, Petunia found her ears perking up.

     "He calls me Lily flower!" Lily spoke in disgust, and Petunia held back a snicker at the name. "He constantly harasses me with his little posey and just refuses to let me be." She continued her rant, completely ignoring Petunia's taunting smile, "He asked me on nine dates the past week. I fear he is already planning our marriage."

    Petunia had not heard the name for Lily's admirer, but as of now, she loved hearing about him. The tone in Lily's voice along with the negative way she talked about him, Petunia knew that he got under her skin — making her time at Hogwarts at least slightly unpleasant. Petunia thought that she would have to thank him, if she ever got the opportunity.

     "He seems like a nice boy," Isabel Evans stated after, and again, Petunia held back a laugh. Though, she did get a slight shiver down her spine when she looked at her mother. Since, the look she was giving Lily was the same look her mom had given her about Vernon. And Petunia hated Vernon.

     "Please," Petunia's shy voice broke out, and she hated how quiet it was, "Let's not continue with your matchmaking. It's obviously very bad."

For a second, Lily looked thankful.

     Isabel Evans let out a short laugh as she nudged Petunia, giving her a knowing look, "You don't have to be shy about your feelings," Her mother spoke, "Surely you and Vernon have some chemistry. I see the way he looks at you."

not the way she looks at him.

      "Who's Vernon?" Lily's voice spoke next, and at that moment, Petunia felt like dying. Vernon is the last person she'd want to speak about — especially to Lily.

     "The newest neighbor," Their dad easily answered, barely paying attention to the conversation.

"And Petunia's soon to be boyfriend," Isabel Evans quickly added in, not noticing the frown growing on her daughter's face.

though, lily did.

    Lily, for the first time, glanced over at Petunia. And Petunia, who noticed her eyes, tried to hide her uncomfortable expression. But Lily already saw it.

    "Enough about this boy," The older twin spoke quickly, swishing her hand in the air, "Lets talk about where the guests will be staying after Christmas!"

"Oh, yes! We have it all—"

      And as Isabel Evans began the new conversation of topic, Petunia couldn't help but look at her sister, giving her a pleased smile.

and lily returned it.

P.EVANS + J.POTTER