6

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

SORRY LATE UPDATE DAYYY

<6>
questioning the questions

"it twasn't me?"

"It wasn't me."

"Pretty sure it says
twasn't"

"Why would Amber decide
to write twasn't?"

"Maybe to confuse anyone
who read it?"

"So only you... James Potter... could
understand what she meant when
she said 'twasn't'?"

"I hate to brag, but it
isn't a common word."

"I don't think she would
take her time to write
Shakespeare to us..."

    JAMES HAD WENT QUIET FROM HER words, secretly trying to glance at the letter once more. Though, as the words were hard to see, especially the bolded ones, Petunia held back her smile as he snatched the letter out of her hands — trailing his finger to each bolded letter.

"She needs to work on her handwriting," He countered, memorizing each letter as it passed, "This b looks like a 9."

Petunia glanced over his shoulder, both listening and watching him. And as she looked at the supposed letter looking number, she furrowed her brows, looking at James.

"Are you dyslexic?"

"I don't even know what that is."

Petunia stared at him.

And as he didn't question further on what she meant, she decided to continue. "It's only a learning disorder which causes—"

He cut her off.

Because before she could summarize it, James looked at her quickly, his eyes widened, "Can I die from it?"

"Why would you—?" She started, only to stop a second later. "Yep."

And after her answer, James dropped the letter, his hands ruffling into his hair as he stared at her. "Why are you so calm about this?"

Petunia only looked at him in response, tightly sealing her lips as a laugh was bound to escape. And instead, she placed a hand on his shoulder, softly squeezing as she said, "It'll be okay."

Though, as she expected, her words did not comfort him. Instead, the boy stood from his seat, rushing to the door as he called for Sirius.

She simply just watched.

Footsteps soon sounded down the hallway, the repeated thumps indicating that he was running. And the two individuals watched as Sirius entered the room — slightly out of breath as he looked to them.

"Tuna says I have dyslexia," James went straight to the point, his hands crossing over the other as he looked to his friend. Though, as Sirius only replied with a, "So?" James scoffed, taking a step back.

"I'm dying."

Sirius stared at him, his mouth agape as a look of bewilderment reached his face. "Why do you think you're—" He trailed his words, now noticing Petunia. "Oh." He, like Petunia, held back his smile. "Could I get your room then?"

James did not answer his question, opting to head to Petunia's bed and chuck a pillow at him instead — causing Sirius to laugh in response. Though, as another pillow flew through the air, hitting the raven-haired boy in the chest, Sirius cleared his throat. "Do you even know what Dyslexia is?"

"Yes." James said, his tone obvious, "It's a disorder."

"What kind?"

James stayed quiet.

And he looked to Petunia for help.

"Dyslexia..." She started, letting her smile linger, "Is a disorder characterized by difficulty reading."

James stuttered.

"How would that...?" He started, again, pushing up his glasses, "Does it..?" He tried again, glancing between the two. His face
morphed into realization. "You liars."

      "Why would you even automatically assume you were dying," Petunia answered shortly, feeling as James now hit her with a pillow. "I didn't even get to finish my sentence." She teased, her hands trying to fix the hair that now fell over her face.

       "James is always thinking he's dying," Sirius answered for him, "He had allergies last spring and assumed he was on his death bed," He snickered as James rolled his eyes, "All he had was sniffles."

       "And a cough!" He protested, ignoring the small laugh that Petunia responded with, "It kept me up all night," He shot her a look as her laughs only grew.

     "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," She apologized, never letting her smile falter, "I promise not to do it again."

      "What even brought this up?" Sirius's voice piped up, watching as Petunia stood from her seat, grabbing a wrinkled piece of paper off the floor — handing it to him.

       The blonde watched as he took it carefully, letting his finger, like James, trace the foreign coded words. Petunia noticed as his lips would move, saying each bolded letter as he saw them. And as he finished the letter, reading it once more, he looked up to her — furrowing his brows at the knowledge.

       "So, this could mean two things," He thought out, causing a confused look to reach her face. She thought the letter only had one meeting.

      "It could be as simple as Amber was only framed for this," He continued, seeing her questioning look, "Or, basing it on how I've seen things work... She did it," He looked back to the paper, "But she did it under the influence of someone else."

___
traitor things
P.EVANS + J.POTTER