1.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

WE ARE ALMOST TO A MILLION OH MY—

YOU GUYSSSSS

when i started this story, i thought it would literally be 5 chapters, unfinished and forgotten. I did not think people would find this book or even read it if they did, thinking everything i wrote was absolutely horrid, hahaha. i love you and i love these characters more than anything. i never planned for this story to be so long, probably at most 50 chapters, some accidental plot holes and a rushed ending. my original idea behind this book looked almost nothing like what we have now — only some similarities still weighing out the odds. never in my life had i expected to write something so long, detailed — somewhere where i love to interact with you all, make friends, hear your thoughts on my book. you all inspire me to continue and you all inspire me to finish this. i promise once this book is done i'll fix mistakes, plotholes (that may be happening), and even give you an idea of what the book was ACTUALLY supposed to look like just for funsies (alternate endings, etc.)

i know we aren't at a million yet, but im celebrating early... thank you<3

<1.5>
pack it up

WITH THE WINDOWS DARK, PORCH in need of a cleaning, a two story brick home sat abandoned among the rest of the houses in the neighborhood. From the outside, nothing seemed to be wrong — just the sight of an old home. On the inside, however, told a different story.

The couches were ripped open, springs poking out of the sides. Tables were flipped and scratched, the grainy wood being forever ruined. Pictures were no longer decorated inside the frame, merely being glass portraying a white dusty background.

Petunia had not yet walked into the home, feeling as if she took a step inside, she would be forever stuck there. That the door would shut behind her, locking itself on its own and never letting her leave.

    She had nightmares coming back here. When she'd originally heard she'd have to come back, even for just an hour, she refused. Petunia begged them to let her stay, she said it was okay if her belongings got donated or sold away — she didn't want them anymore. Because everything there was a reminder of what her life used to be like. It was a reminder that she was once unloved, unneeded by her family. The house, her room, it all gave her that oh so familiar negative feeling. She was reminded of the drugs she'd sneaked away, the window that would let in the chilly breeze, almost freezing the tears that freely fell down her face. She was reminded of her repeated visions — seeing the man who started to make her life even more of a living hell.

She stayed in her spot.

So had Lily.

Though, it was for a different reason. Lily hadn't gotten as close as Petunia had, still standing on the sidewalk next to the street. Her wand was protectively held in her hand, being hidden by her long sleeves as it rested against her inner arm. She was waiting for someone to show up, attack them at any moment.

Both sisters had their ears perked up, waiting to hear a step, a whisper, any sort of unusual sign. But as nothing sounded, not even a car — both felt slightly relieved at the fact.

Petunia lightly leaned forward, taking sight of the first room.

Her hands were now in fists, her fingernails digging into her palm so harshly that the sight of crimson red peaked from the pressure. Petunia bit back her lip as well, her foot slowly making its way off the ground as she took her first step inside.