3

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

<3>
late night walks & her

     IT WAS ESPECIALLY DARK THIS NIGHT. No one was out, no noises were being made, the group of five were all by themselves as they walked the hidden trails to their usual spot.

     Henry and Oliver were talking quite animatedly to Sirius, who matched their energy quite well. And as Petunia was a few steps back, not being able to meet their long strides — the blonde was occupied with James, who's hand continued to hit her own.

she wish he'd grab it already.

james wished the same.

    As he was not used to this area, his eyes gazed at every house, shop, and restaurant that they'd pass — and because he was distracted, Petunia took the opportunity to keep her eyes on him, admiring James as he admired her town.

she thought he was really pretty.

And when looked down, catching her stare, neither looked away.

he thought she was really pretty.

she smiled.

And with slight confidence, Petunia tangled her pinky finger against his own, slightly swaying it to their matching steps — finally looking forward.

their spot.

Oliver, who had been drinking as they walked, tumbled over to the spot, almost tripping over his own two feet — And Sirius and Henry, who were now a couple steps behind, only laughed, watching as the boy dramatically let out a gasp, falling onto the wall.

      However, as those two boys also made it to the destination, Henry found himself stopping in his tracks, staring at the girl in front of him.

his laughing stopped.

Sirius stood confused.

     Amber, with her roots now brown and pink at the tips, stared at the group shortly — placing the bud of her cigarette against the brick building.

She sighed.

"Just going to stare," her voice rasped, already heading for a new cigarette, "Or join me."

They only stared.

And Amber nodded, eyeing the beer.

"Where's your boyfriend?" Henry asked, watching as she lit her cigarette.

She shrugged.

"I ditched him."

"What for?"

Amber didn't answer for a moment.

Instead, she leaned against the wall, sucking in a breath of smoke — blowing it out a minute later.

Petunia assumed she was thinking.