1.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

<1.5>
awkward tension

        PETUNIA FELT LIKE A KID GETTING in trouble as she sat in the lonely office, waiting for someone to come and fetch her.

      The woman, who she learned to be named McGonagall, was quick to drop her off at the headmasters office — stating that because of the Gryffindor win, she had to make sure the boys weren't sneaking in alcohol.

       Petunia was a little confused, but nodded nonetheless, pretending to understand.

And now she was alone.

     Her eyes had already lingered over every inch of the office. The messy books, scattered over his floor and table, a.... bird — which stared at her blankly, and a pile of items that she had no idea what they were. She assumed magical objects.

    It was quiet, the only sounds being the breaths leaving her mouth and the occasional squeak of the wide chair she'd readjust herself on — making her also cringe at that noise, since the sound was more than awful.

It had been roughly thirty minutes, maybe even longer, before she started to hear footsteps along with voices — and Petunia was surprised to recognize them.

McGonagall was the first to reenter the room, smiling at the blonde politely. And she was soon followed by Remus Lupin and Lily Evans — who looked rather shocked by her presence.

Petunia matched their expressions.

     And despite her being happy to see the two, Petunia's eyes only lingered on them for a mere second — immediately going to the man behind the three, who was more than recognizable.

His long white beard, bright blue cloak, and glasses that sat on the end of his nose. His smile, that seemingly held genuineness, and a somewhat welcoming gaze — he was the man from her dreams.

And he spoke, but not to her.

"Take a seat," He nodded to the two, "We have a few matters to be discussed."

And almost immediately, the two followed suit, sitting on each side of Petunia — who was still completely confused of the situation.

She hated the awkward tension.

McGonagall had stayed in the room, but stood near the stairs — being as quiet as she could. Her eyes were only focused on the man in front of her, waiting for his next words.

He cleared his throat.

"Miss Evans," He started, but was stopped as the word, "Petunia," left the blondes lips.

He nodded, smiling at her.

"Petunia," He corrected, "It has come to my attention, that you may possibly have something in connection with Mr. Lupin here." He spoke, glancing at her ring, "A piece of jewelry, perhaps?"

She blinked.

"What?"

     Remus gently tapped her, causing her eyes to gaze towards him —  and he simply held up his ring, pointing at it.

She blinked again.

And then her eyes widened.

   "Oh!" She spoke eagerly, "Yeah— yes, uhm, the ring," She nodded, "I noticed they were pretty, uh, similar," Petunia explained quickly, "I had my theories but I never really got far with them," She continued to ramble, realizing just a moment later. "..sorry."

But he only laughed.

   "Indeed," He watched her curiously, "And was your theory surrounding the idea that his ring matched your emotions? Then vice versa?"

     She only nodded this time, scared that she may start to ramble once more.

it was a habit hard to break.

    "Mr. Lupin thought the same," He glanced at the boy, who, like the other two, sat awkwardly in his chair. "I also say I'd have to agree with this said theory, but... I cannot confirm or deny this thought."

And almost immediately, the two sat up straighter, staring at him.

"Then why am I here?" She asked abruptly. But, as the words came out rudely, she shifted in her seat. "I mean," she started, "Uhm.. Why have.. you.. invited me too—" she tried to rephrase, but her words jumbled together, causing her to ultimately stop with a huff.

However, Remus had the same question.

"No," He shook his head, "She's got a point, professor," he stated shortly, "And you've even brought Lily — why?"

And despite the rapid questioning, Dumbledore did not lose his kind smile. Instead, he listened to every word.

"Yes, well," He thoughtfully spoke, "Miss Evans, Lily," he detailed, "Is here for another reason — apart from the ring," he continued, "She is actually the main focus for Petunia's arrival."

Lily, for the first time, sat up with the rest — furrowing her brows as she stared at him, dumbfounded. "I'm sorry professor Dumbledore, I don't think I understand?" She spoke sincerely.

Though, just as the her question was finished, both Petunia and Lily's eyes widened — one out of fear, the other out of sadness.

And again, he spoke.

"I think it's time we shall discuss that spell you used on Miss—" he paused, "on Petunia."

__
WE ARE ALMOST AT 100K???? IVE NEVER GOTTEN THIS MANY BEFORE — FOREVER THANKFUL FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. I LOVE YOU. <33
P.EVANS + J.POTTER