Wendigo

It's been a couple days since Jessica's death. Within those days we tried to find some clue on what creature got her, but ended up finding nothing. All we had to go on was that she died the exact same way as the boys's mother. Which means the same thing that killed their mother, probably killed Jess too.

Hitting a dead end, we had no choice but to move on and make our way to Blackwater Ridge, following in John's footsteps. He's been looking for the creature that took his wife for years. That creature was the reason he and his sons became hunters in the first place. He's our best lead on finding it.

I sat in the backseat of the Impala listening to Hot-Blooded playing on the stereo. Sam sat next to his brother on the passages side asleep, until he suddenly jerks awake. Dean and I look at him with concerned as Sam rubs his eyes.

"You okay?" Dean asked him, Sam glances over and then away. "Yeah, I'm fine." He replied, Dean nods. "Another nightmare?" I asked, Sam clears his throat not answering me.

"You wanna drive for a while?" Dean asked, making Sam laugh. "Dean, your whole life you never once asked me that." He replied. "Just thought you might want to. Never mind." Dean said. "Look, you're both worried about me. I get it, and thank you, but I'm perfectly okay." Sam assured us.

"Just know you don't have suffer alone." I told him. Sam turn in his seat to look at me. "Yeah I know... Thank you  (Name)." Sam said, smiling at me a little, I return the smile. Sam then turns back in his seat and grabs the map. "All right, where are we?" He asked, folding down the map.

"We are just outside of Grand Junction." Dean replied. "You know what? Maybe we shouldn't have left Stanford so soon." Sam said. "Sam, we dug around there for a week. We came up with nothing. If you wanna find the thing that killed Jessica..." Dean said.

"We gotta find Dad first." Sam muttered, finishing his sentence. "Dad disappearing and this thing showing up again after twenty years, it's no coincidence. Dad will have answers. He'll know what to do." Dean said.

"It's weird, man. These coordinates he left us. This Blackwater Ridge." Sam said, staring at the map intently. "What about it?" I asked. "There's nothing there. It's just woods. Why is he sending us to the middle of nowhere?" He asked, getting no answered from Dean or I. I look out the window in time to see the sign before we drive past it. 'Welcome to Lost Creek Colorado National Forest.'

We soon came across the Ranger Station and headed inside to see if we can get more information on the place. Sam and I were looking at a 3D map of the national forest, paying particular attention to the ridge labeled, Blackwater Ridge. "So, Blackwater Ridge is pretty remote. It's cut off by these canyons here, rough terrain, dense forest, abandoned silver and gold mines all over the place." Sam said.

"Guys, check out the size of this freaking bear." Dean said, looking at a photo on the wall. Sam and I walked over to see in the photo, a man standing behind a very larger bear. "And a dozen or more grizzlies in the area. It's no nature hike, that's for sure." Sam said.

"Unless there's a bogeyman hiding in the woods, I don't really get why your dad would send you boys here." I said to them. "You three aren't planning on going out near Blackwater Ridge by any chance?" We heard an older voice say behind us. We whip around started, seeing a Forest Ranger.

"Oh, no, sir, we're environmental study majors from UC Boulder, just working on a paper." Sam explained, and laughs a little. "Recycle, man." Dean said, grinning and raising a first. "Protect the planet." I said, with a nod.

"Bull." The Ranger said, I look at the boys, who don't move. "You're friends with that Haley girl, right?" The Ranger asked us, walking over to his desk. "Yes. Yes, we are, Ranger..." Dean said, stopping to checks the Ranger's nametag. "Wilkinson."