Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester

Bobby was sitting at his desk in his library, with a pile of books in front of him. Sam was sitting in a chair at the kitchen table talking to Dean and I. Dean of which was standing, while I was sitting across from Sam.

"Well, then tell me what else it could be." Sam said to Dean. "Look, all I know is we were not groped by an angel." Dean said. "Okay, look, Dean. Why do you think this Castiel would lie to you and (Name) about it?" Sam asked.

"Maybe he's some kind of demon. Demons lie." Dean said. "A demon who's immune to salt rounds and devil's traps... and Ruby's knife?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. "Dean, Lilith is scared of that thing!" Sam exclaimed. "Don't you think that if angels were real, that some hunter somewhere would have seen one... at some point... ever?" Dean asked.

"Yeah. We just did, Dean." I said, looking at him in disbelief. "I'm trying to come up with a theory here. Okay? Work with me." Dean said, annoyed. "Dean, we have a theory." Sam said.

"Yeah, one with a little less fairy dust on it, please." Dean said. "Okay, look. I'm not saying we know for sure. I'm just saying that I think we..." Sam started to say, but his brother interrupted him.

"Okay, okay. That's the point. We don't know for sure, so I'm not gonna believe that this thing is a freaking Angel of the Lord because it says so!" Dean yelled. "Dean, you saw those wings. That's kind of hard to deny." I said.

"You three chuckleheads want to keep arguing religion, or do you want to come take a look at this?" Bobby asked, putting an end to our argument. The boys and I exchanged a look and enter the library, walking over to Bobby's desk.

"I got stacks of lore... Biblical, pre-Biblical. Some of it's in damn cuneiform. It all says an angel can snatch a soul from the pit." Bobby said, looking down at a large book he was reading.

Dean and I stare down at the picture of an angle grabbing someone by their shoulder, to pull them out of hell. We both place our hands on our shoulders, where the brands laid underneath our sleeves.

"What else?" Dean asked. "What else, what?" Bobby asked. "What else could do it?" Dean asked. "Airlift your and her's asses out of the hot box? As far as I can tell, nothing." Bobby replied and Dean shook his head, still not wanting to believe it.

"Dean, this is good news." Sam said to him. "How?" Dean asked. "Because for once, this isn't just another round of demon crap. I mean, maybe you and (Name) were saved by one of the good guys, you know?" Sam suggested.

"Okay. Say it's true. Say there are angels. Then what? There's a God?" Dean asked. "At this point, Vegas money's on yeah." Bobby said. "I don't know, guys." Dean grumbled. "Okay, look. I know you're not all choirboy about this stuff, but this is becoming less and less about faith and more and more about proof." Sam said.

"Proof?" Dean asked. "Yes." Sam replied. "Proof that there's a God out there that actually gives a crap about me personally? (Name) I'll buy sure, but me? I'm sorry, but I'm not buying that." Dean said. "Why not?" Sam asked.

"Because why me? If there is a God out there, why would he give a crap about me?" Dean asked. "Dean..." Sam said, exasperated. "I mean, I've saved some people, okay? I figured that made up for the stealing and the ditching chicks. But why do I deserve to get saved?" Dean asked.

"You think I have any clue on why God cares about me? I haven't exactly done things to get on his good favor, either." I said, agitated. "Yeah, but I'm just a regular guy." Dean said. "Yeeeah. So am I." I said, pointing to myself. "We're both just regular people, Dean." I said.

"Apparently, you're both regular people that's important to the man upstairs." Sam said. "Well, that creeps me out. I mean, I don't like getting singled out at birthday parties, much less by... God." Dean said. "Okay, well, too bad, Dean, because I think he wants you to strap on your party hat." Sam said.