No Exit

The boys and I were packing up the Impala, about to leave the Roadhouse and hit the road. "Los Angeles, California." Dean said, walking to the driver side door. "What's in L.A.?" I asked, walking behind him to the door for the backseat.

"Young girl's been kidnapped by an evil cult." He replied. "Yeah? Girl got a name?" Sam asked. "Katie Holmes." Dean said, making Sam laugh. "That's funny. And for you, so bitchy." He said.

From inside the Roadhouse comes the sound of breaking glass and shouting voices. Dean and I turn towards the noise. "Of course, on the other hand... catfight." Dean said and we went back inside the Roadhouse.

We enter cautiously, seeing Ellen and Jo having a shouting match on the upper level. "I am your mother, I don't have to be reasonable!" Ellen yelled at her daughter. "You can't keep me here!" Jo exclaimed. "Oh, don't you bet on that, sweetie." Ellen said. "What are you going to do, are you going to chain me up in the basement?" Jo asked.

"You know what, you've had worse ideas than that recently. Hey, you don't wanna stay, don't stay. Go back to school." Ellen said. "I didn't belong there! I was a freak with a knife collection." Jo said, finally noticing we were here. "Yeah, and getting yourself killed on some dusty back road, that's where you belong?!" Ellen yelled.

She then sees Jo looking pass her and she turns to see us. "Guys, bad time." Ellen said to us. "Yes, ma'am." Sam and I said, in unison. "Yeah, we rarely drink before ten anyway." Dean said, turning back to the door. "Wait. I wanna know what they think about this." Jo said, getting us to stop as she walks over to us. "I don't care what they think!" Ellen yelled.

A mom, a dad, and their two kids under three, enter the bar, all wearing bright yellow t-shirts that read, 'Nebraska is for Lovers'. "Are you guys open?" The dad asked. "NO!" Jo shouted at him. "YES!" Ellen shouted at the same time. "We'll just... check out the Arby's down the road." The dad said and they left.

The phone starts ringing, Jo glares at it, then at Ellen, who stalks over to answer it. "Harvelle's. Yeah, Preacher." She said, when she pick up the phone. "Three weeks ago a young girls disappears from a Philadelphia apartment." Jo said, shoving a file folder at me, which I refused to take.

"Take it, it won't bite." She said. "No, but your mom does. And I like all my limbs to stay intact." I said, Jo pinches her lips, still holding out the folder. I roll my eyes and took it reluctantly.

I open the file and begin skimming through it, with the boys looking down at it from over my shoulders. "And this girl wasn't the first. Over the past eighty years six women have vanished. All from the same building, all young blondes. Only happens every decade or two so cops never eyeball the pattern. So we're either dealing with one very old serial killer, or..." Jo explained.

"Who put this together? Ash?" Dean asked. "I did it myself." Jo replied and Dean hums impressed. "I gotta admit. We hit the road for a lot less." Sam said to us. "Good. You like the case so much, you take it." Ellen said, coming out from behind the bar.

"Mom!" Jo said, angrily. "Joanna Beth, this family has lost enough. And I won't lose you too. I just won't." Ellen said, glancing at the boys.

We arrived at Philadelphia and enter the apartment building, in Jo's file. "I feel kind of bad, snaking Jo's case." Sam said, when we enter the victim's apartment. "Yeah, maybe she put together a good file. But could you see her out here working one of these things? I don't think so." Dean said.

"Trust me, this is for the best. You never want to get on her mother's bad side." I said, and we pull out our EMF readers. "You getting anything?" Dean asked us, as we split up into different directions. "Nah." I said.