Free To Be You And Me

3rd Person P.O.V
At Great Plains Motel, Sam was lying in an otherwise empty bed, shirtless and trying to sleep. He opens his eyes, unable to fall asleep. He looks at the nightstand next to the bed, where the wooden carved rabbit and moose (Name) made for him sat.

As Sam stares at the wood arts, he starts thinking of (Name). Her face, eyes, hair, voice. How much he missed sharing her laughter. Feeling her lips against his own. Holding her in his arms as they sleep. Just everything about her he missed.

Sam sighs and rolls over, trying to rid himself of these imaginations. Suddenly he sits up and sees Jessica beside him. "Hey, baby." She greeted, with a sweet smile and Sam stares at her in shock.

"I missed you." Jess said, and Sam keeps staring. "Jessica. I'm dreaming." He muttered. "Or you're not. What's the difference? I'm here." Jess said, and Sam let's out a breath. "I miss you so much." He whispered.

"I know." Jess said, and she reaches out to take Sam's hand. Sam stares down at their hands, surprised by how real it feels. "I miss you too. What are you doing, Sam?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" Sam asked, lifting his head to look at her. "Running away. Haven't we been down this road before?" Jess asked. "No. It's different now." Sam replied. "Really?" She asked, doubtful.

"Last time I wanted to be normal. This time I know I'm a freak." Sam admitted. "Which is all a big ball of semantics. You know that." Jess said. "No." Sam said, lowering his head.

"Even at Stanford you knew. You knew there was something dark inside of you. Deep down, maybe, but you knew. Maybe that's what got me killed." Jess said, and Sam looks up, startled. "No." He whispered.

"I was dead from the moment we said hello." Jess said, and Sam's face twitches in anguish. "No." He said again. "Don't you get it? You can't run from yourself. Why are you running now?" Jess asked.

"Why are you here, Jess?" Sam asked, avoiding the question. "Would you believe I'm actually trying to protect you?" Jess replied. "From what?" Sam asked.

"You. Sooner or later the past is going to catch up to you like it always does. You know what happens then?" Jess said, and Sam looks down. "People die. Baby, the people closest to you die." She said, and Sam lifted his head to meet her eyes. "Don't worry because I won't make that mistake again." He said.

"Same song, different verse. Things are never gonna change with you. Ever." Jess said, and Sam looks down, then back up as a single tear runs down his cheek. Jessica is gone and Sam looks around for her.

Sam laid back down on his back, staring up at the ceiling and sighs. He turns his head back towards the nightstand, looking at the wooden rabbit and moose. He reaches his hand out to pick up the rabbit and holds it in front of his face.

Sam's thoughts immediately start going back to (Name) and he sighs. He brings the rabbit to his lips, placing a kiss on the head and holds against his chest. Hoping wherever (Name) is right now, she is safe and sleeping easier than him right now.

One week earlier
In Garber, Oklahoma, a car pulls up in front of the Great Plains Motel. Sam gets out of the passenger seat, looking around then looks at the driver through the window. "Thanks." He said. "You're welcome." The man replied. Sam goes around to the back of the car and opens the trunk.

Meanwhile in Greeley, Pennsylvania, Dean closes the trunk of the Impala, (Name) standing next to him. They were wearing their suits in contrast to Sam's casual attire. Dean hides a long knife under his coat and the two goes into the hospital.

Back with Sam, he now was in the motel room that he'll be living in. He was squirting lighter fluid onto papers in a sink and lights a match before dropping it in. His fake IDs and credit cards, including one for the Pennsylvania state police, catches fire.