Hunted

Dean looks down for a moment. "Right before Dad died, he told me something." He said, taking a breath, then looks at Sam. "He told me something about you." He said. "What?" Sam asked, but Dean doesn't answered. I look between him and Sam, worried. "Dean, what did he tell you?" Sam asked again.

"He said that he wanted me to watch out for you, to take care of you." Dean said. "He told you that a million times." Sam said, confused. "No, this time was different. He said that I had to save you." Dean said. "Save me from what?"  Sam asked.

"He just said that I had to save you, that nothing else mattered and that if I couldn't, I'd..." Dean said, trailing off, he clenches his jaw, looking away. Sam and I stared back at him, worried. "You'd what, Dean?" Sam asked.

"That I'd have to kill you." Dean said. I felt my heart stop and the air leave my lungs for a moment. "He said that I might have to kill you, Sammy." Dean said, looking right at Sam, who stared back him, stunned. "Kill me? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" He asked, getting agitated.

"I don't know." Dean replied. "I mean, he must have had some kind of reason for saying it, right? Did he know the demon's plans for me? Am I supposed to go Darkside or something?! What else did he say, Dean?" Sam asked, spreading his arms in anger.

"Nothing, that's it, I swear." Dean said. "How could you not have told me this?" Sam asked. "Because it was Dad, and he begged me not to." Dean replied. "WHO CARES?! Take some responsibility for yourself, Dean! You had no right to keep this from me!" Sam shouted.

"You think I wanted this? Huh? I wish to GOD he'd never opened his mouth! Then I wouldn't have to walk around with this screaming in my head ALL DAY!" Dean shouted back, Sam turns and takes a few steps away, fuming.

Dean turns to look at the water, in silence. I look back and forth from Sam to Dean, at a complete lost on what to do. So many emotions were running wild in my brain, that I couldn't make sense any of them.

After thinking and accepting death we dodge one bullet just to be hit with new one. I mean... is there even anything to do? What do you say when your friend reveals that his father had told him, that he might have to kill his brother? I don't think even Frasier Crane can come up with psychological reason behind that.

"We..." I started to say, stopping myself to calm my nerves. "We've just got to figure out what's going on, then, what the hell all this means." I said, Sam turn slightly to look back at me and Dean.

"We do?" Dean asked, turning his head to look at us. "I've been thinking about this, I think we should just lay low. You know? At least for a while. It'd be safer. And that way I can make sure..." He said, trailing off again unable to say.

"What? That I don't turn evil? That I don't turn into some kind of killer?" Sam asked. "I never said that." Dean replied, quietly. "Jeez, if you're not careful you will have to waste me one day, Dean." Sam warned him.

"I NEVER said that! Damnit, Sam, this whole thing is spinning out of control. All right? You're immune to some weirdo demon virus, and I don't even know what the hell anymore. And you're pissed at me, I get it. That's fine, I deserve it. But we lay low until we figure out our next move, okay?" Dean said.

"Forget it." Sam said, turning to face the water and taking a swig of his beer. "Sam, please, man. Hey, please." Dean begged, hitting Sam on the shoulder and getting him to look at him.

"Just give me some time. Give me some time to think, okay? I'm begging you here, please. Please." He pleaded, Sam nods reluctantly. I frown at the boys and look at the ground, at a lost for words.

I laid in my motel bed, staring up at the ceiling. I couldn't sleep. Hell, how could I? Sam and Dean both got so much weight on their shoulders, that neither one of them deserves.